Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Satisfied Or Unsatisfied (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/38902-satisfied-unsatisfied.html)

FFparker 07-29-2011 07:38 AM

Satisfied Or Unsatisfied

Just wondering if everyone is satisfied with there ranger or unsatified.

Myself, My Ranger is great. Great gas mileage, great for hauling and pulling when I need to. I love everything about it. Modding It is easy and fun. Overall I would expect for me to get another ranger in a year or so, most likely 4.0 4x4 when I get settled job wise.

naturecakezzz 07-29-2011 07:41 AM

Re: Satisfied Or Unsatisfied

Satisfied ! 150% I can honestly say that everything that has gone wrong with it I BROKE lol.

Rango88 07-29-2011 07:42 AM

completely satisified. modding is great and really makes it your own, I love
-My 4L SOHC power and performance and its fuel econo isnt that bad
-I love my manual tranny and clutch feel
-Love the look of the sport with the fenderflares
-Love the 6ft bed and the supercab extra space
-Interior is simple but easy to use
-Sound system is decent

What I dont like
-the Oem exhaust sound, but I will change that soon enough
-Dont like the look of the OEM shifter (but thats cosmetics)
-Dont like the OEM seats for long trips.

The minuses arent big deals so I really love this truck :D

FFparker 07-29-2011 07:44 AM

Oh I LOVE my manual too. So fun to drive. Manual > Auto Any day.

Rango88 07-29-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFparker (Post 501213)
Oh I LOVE my manual too. So fun to drive. Manual > Auto Any day.

X1000 even if I had an amputated leg, I would macgyver something with a broomstick handle to drive manual :p

Neo 07-29-2011 07:51 AM

Love my ranger, and I've only had it 2 weeks!!! Lol

FFparker 07-29-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rango88 (Post 501219)
X1000 even if I had an amputated leg, I would macgyver something with a broomstick handle to drive manual :p

LOL. Same.

OhioMike 07-29-2011 08:03 AM

Very satisfied. I am on my fifth one -- hence my user name fifthranger. I don't know why people make a big deal out of gas mileage, for instance, because it is proven that one can get more mileage per tank by doing simple things like keeping tires properly inflated, changing the air filter and/or oil change regularly, and watching speed. I rarely haul, but I like the truck look and feel. I drive conservatively, but that is not to say that drivers behind me feel like they are following grandpa. I have a 3.0 liter V6 and I think I do pretty well on gas mileage. I try and fill-up when I get below a 1/2 tank, and I know I get better mileage than my previous 4.0 liter V6 4*4 when I had to fuel twice a week.

JesuSaves 07-29-2011 08:07 AM

Yes, satisfied. I'm glad I got the power package with a manual trans, and having the 2.3 is great too, since its usually just me in the truck, and for hauling stuff, I only take the aluminum cans in from the church once a week.

FFparker 07-29-2011 08:09 AM

Every day I get on I see another thread "bad gas mileage". There’s usually one answer. Maintenance . C’mon people take care of your Rigs!!

DangerRanger91 07-29-2011 08:11 AM

Well with going thru 3 transmissions and a timing belt in the 91 and now having to replace the motor in my 06.... I couldn't love my trucks anymore :) Even with all of that I will never get rid of either of them.... Cuz the problems are my fault due to my driving style :driver:

dixie_boysles 07-29-2011 08:15 AM

poll added

FordDude1991 07-29-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFparker (Post 501244)
Every day I get on I see another thread "bad gas mileage". There’s usually one answer. Maintenance . C’mon people take care of your Rigs!!

my 2011 gets 12mpgs

that being said i love my truck and will never give it up

Jimmeh 07-29-2011 08:17 AM

Satisfied? I'm satisfied after I take a shit, or eat a good breakfast. I like my Ranger just like I like my Chevy, but I wouldn't say I am satisfied with either...They both have a lot of things I would change, we'll put it that way.

FFparker 07-29-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixie_boysles (Post 501253)
poll added

Good idea. TY

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmeh (Post 501257)
Satisfied? I'm satisfied after I take a shit, or eat a good breakfast. I like my Ranger just like I like my Chevy, but I wouldn't say I am satisfied with either...They both have a lot of things I would change, we'll put it that way.

you can still be satisfied with the overall truck still. I'v owned a Jeep and chevy and im proud to say I wasnt satisfied at all. Both cars were the biggest money pits ever. on both cars both trannys went out. about everything inside both cars BROKE. jeep 140k-SOLD with bad tranny for $2000. Chevy is at 68K with a bad tranny still running- G/F drives it now.