Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Electrical Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/electrical-tech/)
-   -   NEED HELP ASAP. major electric problem. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/electrical-tech/38760-help-asap-major-electric.html)

Demon-FX4 07-27-2011 03:25 PM

NEED HELP ASAP. major electric problem.

ok so its raining today and my dad gets in the truck and the wipers stop working. try to fix them thinking like before the connector was wet. nope it was dry. ok so he is now late for work. well driving the air bag light turns on. and than 5 mins later my new ohc turns off as well. the ohc is tied into the radio for power but the radio is still working. and than the blickers and hazzards stop woking. than the speedomiter stops as well. than all of a sudden the ohc works and air bag light turns off than 1 min later stop working. i am so confussed. how are all these tied into each other. i didnt think they were. please any help i can use i thank u for it.

djfllmn 07-27-2011 03:27 PM

Re: NEED HELP ASAP. major electric problem.

maybe something is up with the GEM

Demon-FX4 07-27-2011 03:47 PM

What's the gem

djfllmn 07-27-2011 04:03 PM

not sure exactly lol all i know is that it controls a lot of the trucks accesory functions

Demon-FX4 07-27-2011 04:04 PM

Lol

HazardousRanger 07-27-2011 04:11 PM

alternator going bad? doesnt that control all the power going in?

Truth0fl1fe 07-27-2011 04:16 PM

Check your fuses and relays- We have a plymouth van that got so bad electrically the radio didnt work, the lights blinked you name it, it was acting up. We recently replaced one of the relays and everything magically went back to normal

------------------

Should have also included that if one relay goes bad, it affects the other ones on down the line thus the reason why many things can act up at the same time..

Fightinirish157 07-27-2011 04:37 PM

Duct tape it!

Demon-FX4 07-27-2011 05:25 PM

all the fuses are good though

Fightinirish157 07-27-2011 05:27 PM

Did Jason do something when he re did the wiring for your system to mess with you haha

Demon-FX4 07-27-2011 05:28 PM

the buzzer also stopped working for like when the light is on or keys are still in it and door is open

01_ranger_4x4 07-27-2011 05:29 PM

were you able to check those wires you were telling me about that go to your GEM?

edgeman4.0 07-27-2011 05:32 PM

Chances are you messed with something in the GEM while putting your new ohc in. I recommend you look over your wiring.

Clinton 07-27-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 499535)
Chances are you messed with something in the GEM while putting your new ohc in. I recommend you look over your wiring.

Draw is right

pooleo 07-27-2011 05:43 PM

I put the OHC in, and have done 3 others. Nothing was done that would have messed with anything or with the GEM. The power to the OHC was tapped into the 12v for the cd player. Speed sensor wire was not hooked up either so no hands were in or around anything up in the dash.

The problem started when the rain started. something got wet and is causing these problems. What I can not say, but I can say that removing sub wiring and an install on an OHC has not caused these problems