Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   The Rangers last article. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/38523-rangers-article.html)

RedLineRanger 07-24-2011 10:14 PM

The Rangers last article.

I just got my copy of FOURWHEELER sept 2011 issue and as im just paging threw i see a 4 page article about the beginning and end or the ranger.. I must say awesome if you dig mags pick this one up. Awesome detail and info.

Ranger Sport 07-24-2011 10:33 PM

Re: The Rangers last article.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman1490 (Post 496314)
I just got my copy of FOURWHEELER sept 20011 issue and as im just paging threw i see a 4 page article about the beginning and end or the ranger.. I must say awesome if you dig mags pick this one up. Awesome detail and info.

Holy shit i thought the ranger was scheduled to die this year!

I see they plan to keep it around for a LONG time!

2004xlmiller 07-24-2011 10:39 PM

can someone post a link?

Yeller 07-24-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller (Post 496337)
can someone post a link?

x2!!

TerrenceStuart 07-25-2011 05:58 AM

LOL sept. 20011.... i think we'll be dead by then.

RedLineRanger 07-25-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlYeller (Post 496343)
x2!!

http://www.fourwheeler.com/index.html

Theres a link to the website but i dont know if the article is on there... It was in the magazine not sure about the web.

2004xlmiller 07-25-2011 10:25 PM

i wasnt on the web i checked earlier :(

RedLineRanger 07-25-2011 10:28 PM

There i fixed the year tooo... All about picking out the flaws... :) Lol

Sonic04edge 07-25-2011 11:14 PM

The ranger will live on everywhere except north american minus mexico. Its only the end of the US market ranger.

2004xlmiller 07-25-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic04edge (Post 497450)
The ranger will love on everywhere except north american minus mexico. Its only the end of the US market ranger.

which is retarded

Blackbeauty162 07-25-2011 11:50 PM

damm

Sonic04edge 07-26-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller (Post 497467)
which is retarded

As much as I agree I understand why. US market uses way more fullsize trucks. So it makes sense for ford to drop the ranger and put more options into the f150. Ford isn't the only one dropping their smaller truck line. GM is about to kill off the colorado and I'm sure dodge wont be far behind. However GM is talking about a new S10. So we will see what happens with that.

knightmare1015 07-26-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic04edge (Post 497534)
As much as I agree I understand why. US market uses way more fullsize trucks. So it makes sense for ford to drop the ranger and put more options into the f150. Ford isn't the only one dropping their smaller truck line. GM is about to kill off the colorado and I'm sure dodge wont be far behind. However GM is talking about a new S10. So we will see what happens with that.

GM needs to get rid of their Colorado and Canyon. They're over priced and you don't get your money's worth. I won't go near another Chrysler product ever again. Especially after some union workers get busted again for using drugs and alcohol on the company's parking lot during their lunch break. Plus they can't seem to get rid of their vehicle's electrical problems. The Dakota has been known to have alot of electrical issues and I don't think it has ever been worth the price tag that the dealers sell it for either. With the Twin Cities plant closing on Dec. 22, 2011 which manufactures the Ranger and several other models they are not going to replace the U.S. based ranger. By the time you change this and that with the ranger platform along with a few other things with the ranger, it becomes a completely different truck. The ranger as much as we like it, is played out and they really don't know how or what to do with the old ranger platform basically.

JGiddy 07-26-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic04edge (Post 497534)
As much as I agree I understand why. US market uses way more fullsize trucks. So it makes sense for ford to drop the ranger and put more options into the f150. .

why haven't toyota and nissan done the same? OH, that's right, because they actually have non-fullsize trucks that are attractive to consumers and have thus made a ton of money on them while still maintaining a market for their fullsize trucks. Because it IS possible.

Stupid Ford. If they don't come out with an updated replacement for the Ranger that will compete with Tacoma and Frontier then they're shooting themselves in the foot and they deserve to lag behind the other manufacturers financially.

TeeJay88 07-26-2011 03:09 PM

This article was the final factor i needed to want to do a full restore, I started crawling under my ranger to take a look over the frame to see if it would eventually need a replacement or a sandblasting and undercoating, which hopefully the parts of the frame I cant see are good, luckily for me I saw that my rear leaf spring hanger was split before anything bad happened, but anyways rangers are a collectors Item. Im in. You gents are in for a ton questions coming your way over the next few years.