Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   I've been meaning to say something....(political) (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/38250-ive-meaning-political.html)

pooleo 07-21-2011 03:19 PM

I've been meaning to say something....(political)

I was going to say something about this awhile ago but just plum forgot! :eek:

I can not believe that obama has shut down NASA! What a friggin radical. Now our only way into space is thru the russian's, american tax payers buying seat on a russian space craft! Kennedy is rolling over in his grave!!!

SB03Ranger 07-21-2011 03:23 PM

Re: I've been meaning to say something....(political)

yea no kiddn, dont u just love that idiot running our country, hes a real peach

pooleo 07-21-2011 03:27 PM

I mean, I have my doubts about when we put man on the moon and such, but damn! is it awesome to travel out in space..!?!?!?!?! We can not leave everything to the russians on this.

HazardousRanger 07-21-2011 03:32 PM

why did they close nasa for?

pooleo 07-21-2011 03:33 PM

part of odumbos budget plan.

HazardousRanger 07-21-2011 03:34 PM

wow, dont we need it for like science research? and stuff???

Fordzilla80 07-21-2011 03:39 PM

Nasa isn't dead, too many people bitched about that and kept it from happening. What did die is the shuttle program. This means that NASA has no vehicle capable of taking mankind off of the Earth's surface, at least not right now. The folks who got laid off were those involved with prepping and launching the shuttle. The heads and bigwigs of Nasa are still there.

Pasco08 07-21-2011 03:47 PM

But your perfectly ok with spending trillions on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? SMH

He didn't shut Nasa down he shut the shuttle program down. Jason at least get it right.

schultzkenneth 07-21-2011 03:47 PM

Obama canceled the Constellation program to, damn shame. If you wanna learn more about that, check out wikipedia has good info there.

The good news is he did allow them to keep working on a Heavy Lift Launch Vehicle derived from the shuttle which should be done by 2015. There is still some hope yet.

Pasco08 07-21-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schultzkenneth (Post 492640)
Obama canceled the Constellation program to, damn shame. If you wanna learn more about that, check out wikipedia has good info there.

The good news is he did allow them to keep working on a Heavy Lift Launch Vehicle derived from the shuttle which should be done by 2015. There is still some hope yet.

You can't be Serious Wiki? Are you serious? Weren't you taught in High school never to use wiki as a source for information? :confused::eek::rolleyes:

HIGH TECH REDNECK 07-21-2011 03:58 PM

im going to pop some popcorn for this one :D

Pasco08 07-21-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMT1559 (Post 492651)
im going to pop some popcorn for this one :D

Beat you to that already. :p

Tom 07-21-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasco08 (Post 492647)
You can't be Serious Wiki? Are you serious? Weren't you taught in High school never to use wiki as a source for information? :confused::eek::rolleyes:

Wikipedia is a great source of information.

The only reason it received a negative reputation in schools was because Wikipedia was still new and had yet to establish creditability. Also, people were not familiar with the idea that anyone can contribute information and thus further misinformation is spread.

It's plausible that there are some misinformed teachers who are repeating what they were once told, thus perpetuating this myth that Wikipedia is not credible.

Bubba909 07-21-2011 04:18 PM

So because Obama was in office when the last space shuttle (as we know it) was launched you put the blame on him? Priceless. NASA itself wasn't canceled at all, and equating NASA as purely being a branch of the government that hoists maned rockets into the air is absurd.

The Constellation (Orion) thing is a tad bit sad but seems like a necessary thing during this shit economic climate.

Oh, BTW, it was Bush who enacted the current shuttle program to be shut down...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB03Ranger (Post 492621)
yea no kiddn, dont u just love that idiot running our country, hes a real peach

Did another Bush get into office? I didn't get that memo...:D

Pasco08 07-21-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 492664)
Wikipedia is a great source of information.

The only reason it received a negative reputation in schools was because Wikipedia was still new and had yet to establish creditability. Also, people were not familiar with the idea that anyone can contribute information and thus further misinformation is spread.

It's plausible that there are some misinformed teachers who are repeating what they were once told, thus perpetuating this myth that Wikipedia is not credible.

I was and am taught even in college not to use wiki tom. Because Anyone can change anything on wiki.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba909 (Post 492665)
So because Obama was in office when the last space shuttle (as we know it) was launched you put the blame on him? Priceless. NASA itself wasn't canceled at all, and equating NASA as purely being a branch of the government that hoists maned rockets into the air is absurd.

The Constellation (Orion) thing is a tad bit sad but seems like a necessary thing during this shit economic climate.

Oh, BTW, it was Bush who enacted the current shuttle program to be shut down...

Did another Bush get into office? I didn't get that memo...:D

x2