Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Sports (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/)
-   -   USA womens soccer (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/37740-usa-womens-soccer.html)

brett20 07-15-2011 10:34 AM

USA womens soccer

i know im prob gonna fet flamed and attacked for this but has anyone been watching the womens world cup? USA has made it to the finals after some really good games. they play for the womens world cup on sunday at 2:00 my time. whos gonna watch it if any of you

IrideAHonda 07-15-2011 05:27 PM

Re: USA womens soccer

Quote:

Originally Posted by brett20 (Post 485316)
i know im prob gonna fet flamed and attacked for this but has anyone been watching the womens world cup? USA has made it to the finals after some really good games. they play for the womens world cup on sunday at 2:00 my time. whos gonna watch it if any of you

I don't even like soccer, but for some reason I'm always into the World Cup(Mens and Womens). I'll be mad if USA doesn't win. I'll be watching it for sure!

brett20 07-15-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrideAHonda (Post 485643)
I don't even like soccer, but for some reason I'm always into the World Cup(Mens and Womens). I'll be mad if USA doesn't win. I'll be watching it for sure!

Lol thats how alot of ppl I know are, I've played soccer for 13 yrs so I'm a huge fan I watch as many games as possible. I was sooooooooo pissed last year for men's world cup then the gold cup loss, the women's team better win

Fightinirish157 07-15-2011 05:49 PM

I will be watching it, I have been playing for 23 years, Soccer is isn't a sport for me its a lifestyle. I don't know what or where I would be without soccer... I love that ESPN is streaming it on ESPN3.com cause I don't have cable TV, so I will move my tower to the living room and hook it up to my 42" instead of using my 20 in monitor and also I will be able to kick back in my Lazy Boy!

minigma 07-15-2011 06:05 PM

I will be. I have loved soccer since i was a kid. I watch as much as possible. Got to see the Mens team play earlier this year.

99rangerguy 07-15-2011 08:02 PM

I HATE soccer, but damn. These U.S.A ladies are beasting it out there. USA USA USA USA

fork80 07-15-2011 09:07 PM

Ok, so I have a HUGE issue with a side note to Women's soccer:

Did anyone see the ESPY's a couple days ago? There was a category "Best Play" (of the year). People had been voting on this for a few weeks prior to the ESPY's being aired live. Before announcing the winner, they recapped the nominees. The last play they showed, as a nominee, was the header goal by one of the women on the US team that tied the game up in the 89th minute against Brazil. THIS ONLY HAPPENED TWO DAY PRIOR TO THE ESPY's BEING AIRED! So I thought to myself, "Self, this is only a politically correct "head-nod" to the Women's team for playing a good game and giving support for a sport that is about the 54th most popular in the U.S it terms of "watchability".

AND THEN THEY WON?! WHAT?! ARE YOU FKM?!! Out of the 500,000 plus votes (which they announced before reading the winner) they got the most out of all the others inside of a day and a half? (Those envelopes are sealed up about an hour before the show starts) On top of that (the Women's team, obviously wasn't there because they are still in the Cup in another country) they already had a prerecorded acceptance speech already cued up?!

I CALL SHENANIGANS ON ESPN!

Fightinirish157 07-15-2011 09:24 PM

It wasn't in the 89th minute...it was in the 122 minute...and it was an amazing goal....and it was the latest goal ever scored in a World Cup Men's or Women's, and I doubt it was set up by ESPN but it would not hurt them Sunday come ratings for the World Cup Final...

99rangerguy 07-15-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fork80 (Post 485812)
Ok, so I have a HUGE issue with a side note to Women's soccer:

Did anyone see the ESPY's a couple days ago? There was a category "Best Play" (of the year). People had been voting on this for a few weeks prior to the ESPY's being aired live. Before announcing the winner, they recapped the nominees. The last play they showed, as a nominee, was the header goal by one of the women on the US team that tied the game up in the 89th minute against Brazil. THIS ONLY HAPPENED TWO DAY PRIOR TO THE ESPY's BEING AIRED! So I thought to myself, "Self, this is only a politically correct "head-nod" to the Women's team for playing a good game and giving support for a sport that is about the 54th most popular in the U.S it terms of "watchability".

AND THEN THEY WON?! WHAT?! ARE YOU FKM?!! Out of the 500,000 plus votes (which they announced before reading the winner) they got the most out of all the others inside of a day and a half? (Those envelopes are sealed up about an hour before the show starts) On top of that (the Women's team, obviously wasn't there because they are still in the Cup in another country) they already had a prerecorded acceptance speech already cued up?!

I CALL SHENANIGANS ON ESPN!

you mad?
chillll man.

fork80 07-15-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99rangerguy (Post 485830)
you mad?
chillll man.

When P.C. runs amuck for no other reason than that, ya, I get a little bent. I vented, and I'm good now.

brett20 07-15-2011 09:38 PM

Lol man feel better ya got that off ya chest? Lol now bcd to USA. Heather mitts is sexy as fuckkkkkkkkk and from my city :)

Fightinirish157 07-15-2011 09:39 PM

ESPN had added late entries all the time and most of the time they win...its nothing new you are just mad cause it was Women's Soccer...Sorry after 23 years of soccer I get defensive...I will be done now, I don't want to argue over it...

99rangerguy 07-15-2011 11:30 PM

Hope Solo <3 So sexy

brett20 07-16-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99rangerguy (Post 485948)
Hope Solo <3 So sexy

Mmmmmmm agggggrrrreeeeeeeeeeddddddddd

Fightinirish157 07-16-2011 12:12 AM

Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan...damn are they sexy!