Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Electrical Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/electrical-tech/)
-   -   planning on getting car alarm (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/electrical-tech/37607-planning-getting-car-alarm.html)

2003fordranger1 07-13-2011 01:12 PM

planning on getting car alarm

im finally going to invest some money into a car alarm system because i recently found out that the apartment complex im moving into has had reviews of many car thefts and break ins. i guess thats what you get when you live near sac town. i need some recommendations of car alarms

T Bone 07-13-2011 01:54 PM

Re: planning on getting car alarm

I've heard viper has really good alarms.

Blessed Ranger 07-13-2011 03:29 PM

Just get a big mouth southern girl!!!

Rangernator 07-13-2011 03:32 PM

Yeah invest in a Viper alarm they are good my uncles dog always sets the alarm of on his truck if that tells you how sensative they are.

And whats up with that little theft Blinker on the rangers? is it just there to bluff people or somethin

StealthRanger 07-13-2011 03:45 PM

X3, I'd go with the Viper system also, just from what I've heard different people say about them.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessed Ranger (Post 483404)
Just get a big mouth southern girl!!!

That statement right there is priceless! :D

tmoore78 07-13-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthranger (Post 483425)
----------

that statement right there is priceless! :d

x2! Lol.

FFparker 07-13-2011 04:49 PM

around here you can get the viper put in for 200. They just wire it to your dome so when it lights up the alarm goes off.

FireRanger 07-15-2011 04:28 AM

IMO, you're better of buying insurance, some fake alarm stickers, and a blinking LED. Picture the last time you were at a shopping center or any other large parking area. There's always a car alarm going off somewhere. And how many people did you see looking or caring?

DrIftKi7Vg 07-15-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRanger (Post 485134)
IMO, you're better of buying insurance, some fake alarm stickers, and a blinking LED. Picture the last time you were at a shopping center or any other large parking area. There's always a car alarm going off somewhere. And how many people did you see looking or caring?

x2

I have the 5701 Viper alarm and it sucks. Reason why I say that is because I bought it refurbished and it broke on me so I got a replacement. The people said it was a new replacement that they sent out to me as well. Got it installed, worked for a couple of days; now the lights won't flash when the alarm goes off and the alarm trips even if I drop water on it. Only thing I like out of it is the remote start! I'm gonna be saving up to get the top of the line Viper alarm or a cheap alarm (new) with remote start that has good reviews.

OhioMike 07-15-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

I definitely agree. That is why I would get The Club, which used to offer a money-back guarantee if you're vehicle is stolen while using it. And alarm or The Club would not protect in a break-in. It is so easy for someone to smash a window and grab something and leave quickly.

01B3000 07-16-2011 07:38 AM

Just remember, if some one really wants it an alarm wont keep them out. Locks and alarms are for the honest.

2003fordranger1 07-16-2011 03:23 PM

so i have decided to get a viper 5902 for my truck because the audio express in my town will install it for 1 dollar and im getting a discount for going back to them because i have had so much stuff installed in my car from there. :D

Christianguy 07-16-2011 03:37 PM

Viper is a VERY good Alarm!
The 5902 model is sweet! The Screen shows alarm status !
It is capable of Remote starting
Viper and Clifford alarms are both made by DEI
(Directed Electronics Inc.)

I Had a 476v installed in my wifes' car for $200 Out the door!
Nothing fancy! it DOES have glass break snsor ,Two remotes included
No pins were installed (four door+ hatch and front hood)
It works on 12 volt drain change,like if the dome light goes on

2003fordranger1 07-17-2011 12:39 PM

now that im looking at the prices of the 5901 and 5902 i think i may go with the 5901 because it has the same functions as the 5902 but no color screen for the 5901. when i get enough money i can just buy the 5902 remote and sync it up. i will only buy the 5902 if my audio shop makes a deal with me. my car audio shop better give me a discount because i have all my stuff installed there :secruity: