Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   My new neighbor's haver a Ranger (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/35727-neighbors-haver-ranger.html)

EMB1230 06-16-2011 08:14 PM

My new neighbor's haver a Ranger

The new neighbors that moved in right across from me a few weeks ago have a '02 Ranger XLT 2WD Supercab, auto, flex fuel, it's dark green with tan interior and it's in near showroom condition. I was chatting with the owner the other day she bought it brand new and had a spray on line put on it shortly after they bought it. it's loaded power windows locks mirrors, and has the sliding rear window. She want s to sell it soon for something bigger (recently divorced single mom) I'd be halfway tempted but my mom's boyfriend says stay away from the FFV ones.

Fordzilla80 06-16-2011 08:20 PM

Re: My new neighbor's haver a Ranger

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMB1230 (Post 456107)
The new neighbors that moved in right across from me a few weeks ago have a '02 Ranger XLT 2WD Supercab, auto, flex fuel, it's dark green with tan interior and it's in near showroom condition. I was chatting with the owner the other day she bought it brand new and had a spray on line put on it shortly after they bought it. it's loaded power windows locks mirrors, and has the sliding rear window. She want s to sell it soon for something bigger (recently divorced single mom) I'd be halfway tempted but my mom's boyfriend says stay away from the FFV ones.

The biggest downfall to the FFV that i've heard is the fuel recognition sensors or whatever are reallll expensive when they fail.

EMB1230 06-16-2011 08:29 PM

Thanks for the tip, also I'm not sure if it's a 2 door of 4 door, or if it has jump seats or not, looks like it had the 2 door-style rear speakers covers. Also, even though mine is a boring base XL, It has LOW miles and I know it's history. Plus, I like my vinyl floor and long bed!

Fordzilla80 06-16-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMB1230 (Post 456135)
Thanks for the tip, also I'm not sure if it's a 2 door of 4 door, or if it has jump seats or not, looks like it had the 2 door-style rear speakers covers. Also, even though mine is a boring base XL, It has LOW miles and I know it's history. Plus, I like my vinyl floor and long bed!

You can tell the door configuration just by looking at the rear Supercab windows. The 4 door versions have a "taller" window, and do not have a noticeable seal around the window. The 2 door Supercabs have a shorter window, with a noticeable seal around the window.

Cdy291 06-16-2011 08:56 PM

The flex fuel rangers don't tend to run as well on gas as they do on E85. Technically it should run fine on both but the computer programs they use tend to be tweaked to run on the E85 better.

EMB1230 06-16-2011 09:32 PM

I'm torn on the whole E-85 argument... on one hand it's cheaper than gas, on the other, it burns much faster, which means lower miles per gallon.

EMB1230 06-17-2011 09:26 PM

I looked at it again today, it's definitely a 2 door, still don't have a yes or no on jump seats.

Fightinirish157 06-18-2011 05:43 PM

I have a 2000 3.0 with ffv...never had any fuel issues except with using Valero gas it cause s my truck to have bad fuel mixture...my truck has never seen e85....

DiabloBlanco 06-18-2011 06:56 PM

need pics, have them join?

EMB1230 06-18-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco (Post 457583)
need pics, have them join?

She's selling it soon, she's a single mom and said she wants something bigger, in other words, a sedan.

DiabloBlanco 06-18-2011 08:07 PM

booo

matt224 06-18-2011 08:16 PM

pics of mom

Rg1Baja 06-18-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt224 (Post 457701)
pics of mom

x2

EMB1230 07-08-2011 09:31 AM

She's an older woman, mid 40's...

OhioMike 07-08-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

You can tell the door configuration just by looking at the rear Supercab windows. The 4 door versions have a "taller" window, and do not have a noticeable seal around the window. The 2 door Supercabs have a shorter window, with a noticeable seal around the window.
Never knew that.

Quote:

never had any fuel issues except with using Valero gas it cause s my truck to have bad fuel mixture
I used Valero once, and I will never use it again. My truck was shaking so bad and ran rough.