Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/wheels-and-tires/)
-   -   Nitrogen Filled Tires and Balancing Beads (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/wheels-and-tires/35206-nitrogen-filled-tires-balancing-beads.html)

Brandon22685 06-08-2011 03:55 PM

Nitrogen Filled Tires and Balancing Beads

I need some reviews or opinions on nitrogen filled tires and balancing beads if you got'em. I have read that these Dynabeads are suppose to work great. How about nitrogen filled tires, is it worth the little extra cash? What does it suppose to really do for your tires? I'm just curious about this because I have thought about doing both... I have 33x12.5x15 tires.

DiabloBlanco 06-08-2011 03:56 PM

Re: Nitrogen Filled Tires and Balancing Beads

Nitrogen filled tires arent worth it in my opinion. Had them in my mustang for a little.

ColinS 06-08-2011 03:58 PM

the beads work great! we haave them in our 08 f-450 with 37" tires and after you get up to speed and they spread out they ride great!

Brandon22685 06-08-2011 05:37 PM

Hey Colin, did you have to leave your wheel weights on one side of the rim of the F-450? I heard if the width of your tire is large you need to at least have wheel weights on one side and the beads can take care of the rest.

btm757 06-08-2011 06:02 PM

Ive always wanted to try the beads. As for the nitrogen the only difference is nitrogen doesn't expand and contract like regular air and it also contains no moisture to corrode your wheels.

CUTiger 06-08-2011 06:22 PM

The only things I could think of with nitrogen is the tire will hold pressure longer and nitrogen expands and contracts a lot more consistently then compressed air. (oops typed this then came back and posted it later, didn't mean to copy you ben)

I'm thinking about getting the dynabeads for my tires, they get a little bouncy on the interstate.

ColinS 06-08-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon22685 (Post 447826)
Hey Colin, did you have to leave your wheel weights on one side of the rim of the F-450? I heard if the width of your tire is large you need to at least have wheel weights on one side and the beads can take care of the rest.

no we just run the beads nothing else

Brandon22685 06-08-2011 07:22 PM

Oh, I was just asking. Im trying to do a bunch of reading on the website and I came across this: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/RemovingWeights.pdf

doyouquaxu 06-08-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUTiger (Post 447895)
The only things I could think of with nitrogen is the tire will hold pressure longer and nitrogen expands and contracts a lot more consistently then compressed air.

that's basically it. nitrogen leaks less than air does since the molecules are bigger, and on a hot day or after a lot of driving the tires won't expand as much as with air. the expansion isn't much, but it happens.

and i have the beads in my 33's, AWESOME product. tons easier than trying to use a machine with stick on or hammer on weights

darkstar_420 06-09-2011 07:13 AM

your wasting your money on both, in a passange vehicle nitrogen isnt gonna do anything, maybe in formula 1. nitrogen was basically introduced into the automobile market because its a way to charge for airing up your tires. balance beads will not work properly in any tire that is smaller then 9R20, bus tires.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by doyouquaxu (Post 448060)
that's basically it. nitrogen leaks less than air does since the molecules are bigger, and on a hot day or after a lot of driving the tires won't expand as much as with air. the expansion isn't much, but it happens.

lots of this im reading here is b.s. ive seen nitrogen expand just as much as compressed air on hot days and contract just as much as compressed air in winter. and as for the larger molecules, that doesnt matter when you have a nail in your tire, then you get your tire fixed, and then on top of that they charge you for filling your tire

sgtsandman 06-09-2011 08:57 AM

Um... Air is 78% Nitrogen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air#Composition Dont waste your money.

I've heard different things on balancing beads, so I can't help you there.

doyouquaxu 06-09-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstar_420 (Post 448442)
lots of this im reading here is b.s. ive seen nitrogen expand just as much as compressed air on hot days and contract just as much as compressed air in winter. and as for the larger molecules, that doesnt matter when you have a nail in your tire, then you get your tire fixed, and then on top of that they charge you for filling your tire

i've seen a man eat donkey penis stew in china once, but without proof from either of us it's just hearsay. there's a reason that nitrogen is an inert gas that is chosen for use in things like shocks that see a lot of high temp use

darkstar_420 06-09-2011 05:14 PM

i work at a tire shop, ive taken courses, even the tia, which is one of the biggest tire training places, say that nitrogen is a cash grab, you think what you want but im trying to save you money, and good luck eating your donkey penis'

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by doyouquaxu (Post 448891)
i've seen a man eat donkey penis stew in china once, but without proof from either of us it's just hearsay. there's a reason that nitrogen is an inert gas that is chosen for use in things like shocks that see a lot of high temp use

your cars tires dont get hot enough for nitrogen to do anything, they use it in formula 1 because of the heat, but i doubt your tires get as hot a formula 1 cars tires do

doyouquaxu 06-09-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstar_420 (Post 448958)
i work at a tire shop, ive taken courses, even the tia, which is one of the biggest tire training places, say that nitrogen is a cash grab, you think what you want but im trying to save you money, and good luck eating your donkey penis'

----------

your cars tires dont get hot enough for nitrogen to do anything, they use it in formula 1 because of the heat, but i doubt your tires get as hot a formula 1 cars tires do

cool. i get nitrogen free from the shop i work at so i fill my tires with them. i'll do my thing, you do yours, and we both win in the end.

darkstar_420 06-09-2011 06:53 PM

fair enough :shakehands: