Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Interior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/)
-   -   Install Cruise Control? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/35193-install-cruise-control.html)

Little Blue 06-08-2011 01:45 PM

Install Cruise Control?

Hey, so I've been doing more highway driving and have decided I want cruise control. What would this entail? I know Ford likes to use 1 wiring harness per vehicle, so can I get a steering wheel with the buttons and plug-and-play?

HazardousRanger 06-08-2011 01:56 PM

Re: Install Cruise Control?

look in the how to section. 4evermodding JUST made it

American Henchman 06-08-2011 01:56 PM

unfortunately its not.

the factory kit cost 350-400 dollars depending if they can find it because it was discontinued. there is alot of work that goes into it but it is actually pretty simple just have to make sure all the parts are there.

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/how-s...e-control.html

HazardousRanger 06-08-2011 02:04 PM

they discontinued cruise control???

Little Blue 06-08-2011 03:09 PM

Ahh, I searched the forum bur didn't chech the How-Tos. My bad. Thx.

HazardousRanger 06-08-2011 03:11 PM

sometimes the search is sentisive to the keywords lol no worries bro

American Henchman 06-09-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazardousRanger (Post 447582)
they discontinued cruise control???

they discountinued the factory cruise kit that was available to the public.

----------

atleast according to my brothers part manager who ordered my kit.

Little Blue 06-09-2011 08:54 AM

Hmm, well I think I'll do it when I do my V8 swap since I'll be changing to an Explorer wiring harness anyway. Thx for the link y'all.

HazardousRanger 06-09-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Henchman (Post 448425)
they discountinued the factory cruise kit that was available to the public.

----------

atleast according to my brothers part manager who ordered my kit.

im confused. ur telling me that rangers no longer come with cruise control? or that you cant buy the kit from ford?

MTman777 06-09-2011 11:38 AM

he saying they dont sell an aftermarket kit for cruise control eric.. lol.. they still come from the factory with cruise control as an option.. lol

HazardousRanger 06-09-2011 11:43 AM

^^ thats why i was so confused! haha cruise control is the SHIT!

American Henchman 06-10-2011 06:30 AM

yeah, sorry for the confusion. when i got my ranger it did not have the factory cruise and i did not want to spend the money on an aftermarket janky pos so i went to the dealership and ordered their kit. where you get a new steering wheel. the clockspring and the harnesses,servo and cable. it was close to 400 dollars. Ford has since stopped making that kit available for the general public to buy and install. I know i could have saved some money on my cruise control but i wanted that factory look to it. plus my brother is a ford master mechanic, so for a 12 pack he came over and installed it.

HazardousRanger 06-10-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Henchman (Post 449489)
yeah, sorry for the confusion. when i got my ranger it did not have the factory cruise and i did not want to spend the money on an aftermarket janky pos so i went to the dealership and ordered their kit. where you get a new steering wheel. the clockspring and the harnesses,servo and cable. it was close to 400 dollars. Ford has since stopped making that kit available for the general public to buy and install. I know i could have saved some money on my cruise control but i wanted that factory look to it. plus my brother is a ford master mechanic, so for a 12 pack he came over and installed it.

thats awesome , him installing it for free u basically saved money anyway! cuz isnt the relay or the computer or whatever program alone like 250 (aftermarket?) im really curious

American Henchman 06-10-2011 08:49 AM

yeah it was up there, it ended up being like 75 bucks more for the factory.

Little Blue 06-10-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Henchman (Post 449549)
yeah it was up there, it ended up being like 75 bucks more for the factory.

OEM FTW! I love making everything look factory. It just looks clean and classy.