Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Any dove hunters out there? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/34410-dove-hunters.html)

HazardousRanger 05-28-2011 10:16 AM

Any dove hunters out there?

Hey guys! anyone ready for the sept season? and then the winter season?

not sure how much of a good season ill have since my grandpa cut down all the willow trees where i hunt because apparently dead trees are not good. he doesnt even freaking use the land lol (still got a rice field next to it so if i sit long enuf in one place i should do okay)

favorite method of hunting?
recipes?
gun specs?
advice?
your shot to dove ratio?
anyone have any serious preference with the 8 to 7 1/2 shot? i use 7 1/2 mostly

etc etc!?

PICS ENCOURAGED haha ill see if i can find my picture of my bbq bacon/chipotle poppers

my gun: 870 remington express magnum, pump shot gun (20 Gauge)
winchester 7 1/2 unviversal OR Remington 8 sport load

Rango88 05-28-2011 10:17 AM

Re: Any dove hunters out there?

[quote=HazardousRanger;434687]Hey guys! anyone ready for the sept season? and then the winter season?

not sure how much of a good season ill have since my grandpa cut down all the willow trees where i hunt because apparently dead trees are not good. he doesnt even freaking use the land lol (still got a rice field next to it so if i sit long enuf in one place i should do okay)

favorite method of hunting?
recipes?
gun specs?

etc etc!?
----

http://truthinaging.com/wp-content/u...ed-300x198.jpg
I rather not eat it though, just make a chess set out of it :p

clanier4x4 05-28-2011 10:18 AM

oh yeah i hunt just about anything and dove is one fun little bird to hunt....scarce on my property but i know a few people that own hundreds of acres and i do a lot of dove hunting out there.

HazardousRanger 05-28-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clanier4x4 (Post 434689)
oh yeah i hunt just about anything and dove is one fun little bird to hunt....scarce on my property but i know a few people that own hundreds of acres and i do a lot of dove hunting out there.

lucky, maybe w this thread someone will take me hunting lol id be a better hunter if there was more doves to hunt lol i think last season (and yes i kept track) i was doing a 3-4 shot to one dove ratio. thats kinda bad imo

clanier4x4 05-28-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazardousRanger (Post 434698)
lucky, maybe w this thread someone will take me hunting lol id be a better hunter if there was more doves to hunt lol i think last season (and yes i kept track) i was doing a 3-4 shot to one dove ratio. thats kinda bad imo

they are pretty tricky i mean you have to get in a rythm really

HazardousRanger 05-28-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clanier4x4 (Post 434716)
they are pretty tricky i mean you have to get in a rythm really

absolutely! i think the trickiest part for newbies and even for mysel fis deciding in a split second which one to shoot (in a group of like three) and also decicing to shoot or not! i still make shots sometimes that were probably too far in the first place

----------

wtf LMAo

http://i17.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/e1/e1/ab01_2.JPG

clanier4x4 05-28-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazardousRanger (Post 434717)
absolutely! i think the trickiest part for newbies and even for mysel fis deciding in a split second which one to shoot (in a group of like three) and also decicing to shoot or not! i still make shots sometimes that were probably too far in the first place

----------

wtf LMAo

http://i17.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/e1/e1/ab01_2.JPG

haha yeah. the more you hunt em the easier it gets though, i challenge myself and use a single shot 20 haha its tough

HazardousRanger 05-28-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clanier4x4 (Post 434721)
haha yeah. the more you hunt em the easier it gets though, i challenge myself and use a single shot 20 haha its tough

when i first started out i used a single shot as well but then i noticed i couldve gotten two doves in a row so i started using the 3 shot.. doesnt happen very often but it does happen lol just bang bang! now..wheres that first dove...5 mins of looking! haha stupid grass

----------

dont wanna compare but im just curious? whats ur shot to dove ratio? when i was younger i used up two boxes for 2 doves :( get too excited and forget to actually aim haha

HazardousRanger 05-28-2011 11:28 AM

really thought this thread would blow up haha

clanier4x4 05-28-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazardousRanger (Post 434737)
really thought this thread would blow up haha

haha im not really sure to be honest....i mean id say i hit 2 outta every 3 but its up and down....i just like to have fun with it

HazardousRanger 05-28-2011 12:48 PM

yeha somedays ill do really good and hit most shots and some days ill do 3 per bird but not usually any worse than that

HazardousRanger 05-28-2011 04:28 PM

bump

HazardousRanger 05-28-2011 06:04 PM

there HAS to be more dove hunters here

DiabloBlanco 05-28-2011 06:06 PM

I dont shoot actual birds. But I do shoot clay. And I think its pretty fun!

clanier4x4 05-28-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco (Post 435107)
I dont shoot actual birds. But I do shoot clay. And I think its pretty fun!

haha my name is clay, haha ok but anyways yeah wow there really has to be more