Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Might sell my truck... (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/33649-sell-truck.html)

02BlueRanger 05-16-2011 12:43 PM

Might sell my truck...

Hey guys, so i've had the ranger for a couple years now and loved it and its still running great no problems at all. Im just done with alot of the projects i wanted to do to it and would like to get something else maybe.(or convince me to keep it :p ) anyway, i was looking for input as what to get next... i would loveeeee a mustang around 05? I think that's when they redesigned it a bit, anyway, problem is i live in michigan so it probally wouldn't be good on the snow and i live on a dirt road... also not a great thing for a stang. Im looking for input as to what to get next and maybe a ballpark number i should sell my truck for. Im looking for 4 seats either AWD or 4WD so maybe a F-150 an i know stangs aren't AWD obviously... anyway let me know what you guys think.... thanks!!!

Truck info
2002 xlt new seats and carpet headunit and speakers new also a 12" sub 30" tires aftermarket wheels trifold tonneau rebuilt engine tinted rear HIDS coming

I know all that stuff doesn't mean i get to add a bunch of money if any to my price but just letting u know. Thanks alot in advance sorry about the long post

flaresidexlt 05-16-2011 12:54 PM

Re: Might sell my truck...

ranger paid off? mine gets paid off in a few months thinking of doing seasonal insurance for the winter and getting a fiesta or something cheap and good on gas . also dont dealers get all weird about our mods and take off some money sometimes

tybo2340 05-16-2011 12:57 PM

My friend had an 05 mustang a while back and bought it in November and sold it 2 months later because of how much he hated driving it in the weather. I would strongly suggest you keep the ranger or if you have the money you could always upgrade to an F150 EXT Cab but then gas is going to be an issue... KEEP THE RANGER!!

Fordfan444 05-16-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tybo2340 (Post 423017)
My friend had an 05 mustang a while back and bought it in November and sold it 2 months later because of how much he hated driving it in the weather. I would strongly suggest you keep the ranger or if you have the money you could always upgrade to an F150 EXT Cab but then gas is going to be an issue... KEEP THE RANGER!!

X2

01_ranger_4x4 05-16-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tybo2340 (Post 423017)
I would strongly suggest you keep the ranger or if you have the money you could always upgrade to an F150 EXT Cab but then gas is going to be an issue... KEEP THE RANGER!!

nah, i have an 05 F-150 supercrew 4x4 with the 5.4 and it gets almost the same mileage that my ranger does.

Andrew, i say if you need the extra room ( i LOVE my crew cab!) and you cant afford to keep both get the F-150. if your heart is set on a mustang then buy a cheap winter beater for the winter months. BTW, where in GR are you? im in muskegon.

ranger024x4 05-16-2011 01:22 PM

i predict the first snow fall you will regreat owning the stang (if you go that way)

personally, i averaged 13.7-15.5 with my 04 nbs lariat 4x4.. i get 17-19 wiht my 5speed ranger (same driving, same distances ect)

02BlueRanger 05-16-2011 02:39 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. I know i want a mustang so bad but the winters here would be hell... ugh.

I go to grand valley so im right by dow town GR that's cool man.

Yeah i think i may go with the F-150 crewcab i do like the room and the option of a truck still. I don't know/like many of the AWD used cars available the focus is okay, not sure on how much power it has, im looking for something i can do mods etc... to get more horse and make it look good just not sure... i wish i had the money for a mustang and keep the ranger. Not to mention the garage space lol

----------

Thanks for all the input guys. I know i want a mustang so bad but the winters here would be hell... ugh.

I go to grand valley so im right by dow town GR that's cool man.

Yeah i think i may go with the F-150 crewcab i do like the room and the option of a truck still. I don't know/like many of the AWD used cars available the focus is okay, not sure on how much power it has, im looking for something i can do mods etc... to get more horse and make it look good just not sure... i wish i had the money for a mustang and keep the ranger. Not to mention the garage space lol

----------

Yeah its paid off btw my badd

----------

Yeah its paid off btw my badd

matt224 05-16-2011 02:50 PM

I vote F150. The v6 mustang is a waste imo; you pay the price on insurance for the name "Mustang" but you get no performance at all. The GT is ok, the 4.6's real redeeming quality is that it sounds pretty good.

Get a F150 with a stick shift for some added fun

02BlueRanger 05-16-2011 03:12 PM

Thanks for the input. Looks like alot of F-150 suggestions im looking into it. I've just had gas gusslers lol ranger jeep now a posible f-150. And id lie to tryout a car just a change of pace only paning on keeping it a couple years do some addons and sell it. Yeah i've just always liked the mustang i mean everyone does but its like buying an apple computer in someways your paying for a name like alot of things... lol thanks and keep the suggestions coming

dvrich 05-16-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt224 (Post 423129)
I vote F150. The v6 mustang is a waste imo; you pay the price on insurance for the name "Mustang" but you get no performance at all. The GT is ok, the 4.6's real redeeming quality is that it sounds pretty good.

Get a F150 with a stick shift for some added fun

Unless of course he wants a 2011 300 HP 3.7L Mustang......upper 13s in the 1/4 mile.

matt224 05-16-2011 04:17 PM

I'd hope that stang could break into the 13's; hell the 200hp 3.8 camaros ran low 14's, and those came out in 1997. Still though, I'd say go 5.0 with the new Mustangs even with their terrible Getrag transmissions, I just think a muscle car should have a v8 in it, like it was meant to have. Best Mustang ever is the 2003/4 Cobra.

matt224 05-16-2011 04:33 PM

02Blue, what would your budget be like if you did sell your Ranger? You could kind of get into both worlds with a Ford Lightning if you can swing it; though it won't be great in winter as it is only RWD, but its still something to think about.

BCobe 05-16-2011 04:47 PM

Id say truck. Ive talked to people that have sold their trucks for cars and the regreted it. After having a truck I can say I NEVER want to have a car for a DD. Unless its like a Bimmer or something. Then mabey I could swing it. I like to be able to look over cars. Plus chicks dig guys that drive trucks.

02BlueRanger 05-17-2011 12:24 PM

Yeah those new mustangs are kickass and j agree about the v8 comment. My budget is maybe 13000 at the higher end. I know i do like being able to see over cars lol the highride is pretty fun and yeah that's why i wanted audi but newish are mostly out of range for me.

ranger690 05-17-2011 03:23 PM

I always thought for an awd car a mitsubishi EVO or a Subaru STi would be cool and they got lots of add ons,
but in the end truck is prolly the way to go