Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Keep this jon in America! World Trade Center (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/3358-jon-america-world-trade-center.html)

dixie_boysles 10-13-2009 12:52 PM

Keep this jon in America! World Trade Center

As many of ya'll know, i work at a granite quarry. Today, my supervisor told me that we have been bidding (along with many other US companies) on a job in New York where the World Trade Center once stood. To our dismay, the job was awarded to a comany in italy using stone from africa in a muslim nation. Now to think, we are building a memorial to those who died that day out of foriegn stone fabricated out of foriegn hands.

In resonse, our campany is writing to our senator to get attention to this matter. We are also contacting local news reaouces to get word out on the matter. We need this in headlines. This is the exact reason why our country is the way it is now, awarding other nations with our work!

So i ask anyone here , especailly those from North Carolina to write our senators Richard burr and Kay Hagan. below is the letter that i wrote to the both of them. Also attached is the addresses of North Carolina's Senators Please feel free to write our senators and tell them about the issue. i also invite any others to write you state senators to keep this jon in America! It isnt the fact that we didnt get the job, and that it will effect our comany, but as long as we keep it in America.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/v...etter_0001.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Addresses.jpg

RANGER @ GT 10-13-2009 01:27 PM

I'm not an North American, however 9-11 hurted all us in the free world. I did worked for United Airlines for a number of years.. so believe me when I tell you that it still hurts.. we remember.... That is a great letter... hope something can be done.... Thanks for sharing...

STL 10-13-2009 01:32 PM

That is sad they would do something like that.

NCLivingBrit 10-13-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 23044)
That is sad they would do something like that.

But not at all surprising, not these days. Our "leaders", both business and political pay lip service to the things -we- believe in, but their only loyalty is to themselves and the people that can bring them money and power.

If I woke up tomorrow and read that the government had traded a 1% tithe of all humanity to bug-eyed-monsters for some doohickey to keep us all quiet and obedient, I wouldn't be surprised either.

mr.ranger 10-13-2009 03:53 PM

best wishes always, hope you guys get the contract

02'4.04x4 10-13-2009 04:05 PM

This is a good thing for you. Believe it or not. That is the part that sucks.
Govt. contracts ae thrown around all the time they "Pick" a company that cannot handle the load and bleed them dry. 98% of them burn and die, the rare occurance is the the previous will strike a deal with the incoming company and trade skill for keeping them afloat and a larger Kellogg, cough cough Brown, cough Root is born and on rare occassion they actually stay afloat. That is the American way. It seems that even with this tried and true iron clad practice we cannot figure out why our money is so worthless.

(lesson)
Americans and the occasional foreign investor create a company and invest a butt-load of money/time into it and get it running then get a govt. contract go belly up and sell for pennies on the dollar to foreign entities. Somehow with an entire senate of Ivy Leaguers that was the best they could come up with and they cannot find the holes in the system??? I say put them in an Iron Clad Entity off the east coast and see if they can find the holes then??? Amen.
(end Lesson)

Jay FX4 10-14-2009 06:33 AM

A public contract is going to be awarded to the lowest bidder.

blueovelboy 10-14-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay FX4 (Post 23349)
A public contract is going to be awarded to the lowest bidder.

noy always true some government or public contracts have to spend so much or thay lose there funding thus thay spend in foolish ways. this is why there is prevailing wage jobs where the laborers get what a non union journeyman makes ! a journey man in a prevailing wage job makes three time that of a non prevailing wage journeyman worker ! point at hand schools spend way more than needed to remodel a school but cant buy books?

RAT Ranger 10-14-2009 08:21 AM

Government Contracts:

I think they were summed up best in the movie Armageddon by Rockhound:

Quote: Rockhound: You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

surfer03133 10-14-2009 08:28 AM

government has a history of doing no-bid jobs. especially within the military, which is why they end up spending so much, then they have to spend at least that same amount of money the next year or risk losing it. its a snowball effect and should probably be stopped