Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Exterior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/)
-   -   newb to the forum and ready for upgrades (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/3328-newb-forum-ready-upgrades.html)

2000 Ranger 4X4 10-12-2009 02:38 PM

newb to the forum and ready for upgrades

So I have a 2000 Ranger XLT 4X4 extra cab and i figure its time to put a little extra stuff on there. SO what do you guys recommend.....I was wanting to put a tool box on but at the same time id like to put roll bars in the back as well. Maybe a bull bar in the front as well...I dont think i would need a wench so ima stay clear of it. I already have tires and rims on it and i believe thats all i need. so i'd love to hear suggestions as to wht would look good...Oh yea my truck is red and black so i think black will look the best.

turbo 10-12-2009 02:39 PM

what? no pics of the truck as it sits, now??

greyghost 10-12-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo (Post 22727)
what? no pics of the truck as it sits, now??

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/r...68/ttiwwop.gif
sorry but i've seen this on other sites and had to possibley be the first to use it here. i just felt i had to.lol

Trigger01 10-12-2009 03:04 PM

Roll bars look cool, but a tool box can look good and is definitely more practical.

2000 Ranger 4X4 10-12-2009 04:08 PM

I am charging my sisters camera as we speak so I can go outside in the rain and post pics for yall.............im j/k its not raining right now. I am exposed to be going mud riding this weekend and get it real dirty so ill post some pics of it when im done. Anyways thanks for yalls replies. I know roll bars look better and that the tool box is more practical which thats where im at....what would my options be to put both of them on there? i mean im sure you can do that I just do not know how to go about doing that.

Trigger01 10-12-2009 04:11 PM

You could get a roll bar and a tool chest type tool box to go between the rails.

2000 Ranger 4X4 10-12-2009 04:41 PM

ah, yea but I wouldnt really like that i dont think. not having to crawl into the back of it. I'll probably just blow off the roll bars and put the bull bar on front and a tool box on the back and be done with it.

2000 Ranger 4X4 10-12-2009 04:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 323
Side view

Attachment 324
back side view

Attachment 325
Mickey Thompson wheels with Toyo 31" M/T Open Country Tires

Attachment 326
front view

Attachment 328
aftermarket power locks

2000 Ranger 4X4 10-12-2009 04:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 329
Sony Xplod radio with my fuzz buster attached and my browning steering wheel cover

Attachment 330
back seat where im currently designing my box for my subs and comps

Attachment 331
my 4X4 sticker

2000 Ranger 4X4 10-12-2009 04:53 PM

sorry there not very good quality pictures. it was overcast because of all the rain. I also didnt realize they were going to be that small.

TwistedDreams 10-12-2009 05:03 PM

not bad pictures, but hey, tell me how you put those locks in!!! and how much they cost, is it just a kit? and I'm assuming it comes with a keyless entry remote?

But anyway your truck looks good I love those wheels and tires on it.
I'm going to get something similar to that (probably a cheaper version of them) in all black when I get wheels in tires, just some standard off road 15's.
-TD

Buddythetruck 10-12-2009 05:39 PM

take off that front lincense plate mount
My vote is black roll bars over a tool chest.
I'm kinda drawing a blank right now, I ussualy have all kinds of wacky ideas.

Are you looking for a more offroad look? if so some sort of grill guard or front bumper would be cool.

2000 Ranger 4X4 10-12-2009 06:36 PM

yea, its gonna be more of an offroad look. and i really do like the looks of the roll bars BUT....you just look so much space and so many options about getting a tool box.

The power lock button i believe is like 50 bucks i think....I took it to my dads car accessories guy and they fixed my speakers and installed it...it had a VERY CRAPPY one to begin with that didnt work but this one is very nice to have. and it actually DIDNT come with a remote although im sure you could get one. I am going to take the front license plate cover off and most likely install a westin ultimate bull bar in black on the front. Money is kind of tite because of me buying my sound system to put in it. That and I don't work because of school and my parents dont want it to mess with my studies. I am getting some extra money in though and ill get one before to long. My dad owns a car dealership and i bet i can take a tool box off of one of his trade-ins or something like that. The black will be a little harder to come by tho.

Trigger01 10-12-2009 06:39 PM

Do you want a roll bar or a light bar? You could make a headache rack and mount some light on it if that's what you're looking to do.

2000 Ranger 4X4 10-12-2009 06:56 PM

I guess I would have to understand what a headache rack is to tell you the answer lol. I do not care about the lights on it I like the looks of having some bars back there...I guess im more for roll bars then. I would just need to see some pictures and I can tell you if I like it or not.