Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Product/Company/Member Reviews (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/product-company-member-reviews/)
-   -   Paypal.... (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/product-company-member-reviews/32228-paypal.html)

Fightinirish157 04-25-2011 10:18 PM

Paypal....

Not sure if this is the right area to put this but my paypal account has been hacked into, not sure how by who or what, I have pp looking into it, my last two buys were off people from here...NOT again NOT saying they had anything to do with it, just a heads up for people to keep an eye on their paypal accounts, and plus paypal froze the payments and locked my paypal account, so I cant do anything with it, so I have to wait for a letter to confirm its me since I dont have a landline...just some FYI and a heads up...MODS Please move to where this should be if I posted in wrong area not sure where to put it!!! Thanks

oh and AGAIN NOT blaming FRF or anyone I got goods from...just a friendly heads up!

richarddhoward 04-25-2011 10:21 PM

Re: Paypal....

Good to know, someone tried to hack mine about a year ago. I change the password every 6 weeks now. Never to the same thing.

Rango88 04-25-2011 10:22 PM

shit dude that sucks, i hope that it gets solved soon. keep us posted.

Fightinirish157 04-25-2011 10:28 PM

I will keep everyone posted, I did change my PW and secret questions, and called my bank and placed a hold my the bank account, as I only use it for paypal so it wont bother my day to day purchases and paypal stopped it cause it was direct transfer from my bank and they put a hold on the funds, so I think it was accounts that they were watching that tried to do this.

blkranger231 04-25-2011 10:48 PM

Dude that really sux man, fyi it wasnt me

Fightinirish157 04-25-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkranger231 (Post 403335)
Dude that really sux man, fyi it wasnt me

HAHA That is good to know!

blkranger231 04-25-2011 10:51 PM

Hopefully you get it sorted out though paypal is pretty good with these things at times though. On a side note everything working good for you did you get it installed yet?

Fightinirish157 04-25-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkranger231 (Post 403342)
Hopefully you get it sorted out though paypal is pretty good with these things at times though. On a side note everything working good for you did you get it installed yet?

Been busy nothing installed yet...I'm going to try to get the cluster in tomorrow, the OHC will have to wait until my brother in law gets time to help me...Colorblind and electrical wires don't mix well...

Tom 04-26-2011 12:46 AM

Just FYI, sending or receiving paypal payments has absolutely nothing to do with compromising your paypal security.

The general idea of monitoring your financial accounts is always a good one though.

Dcrymes99ranger 04-26-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richarddhoward (Post 403306)
Good to know, someone tried to hack mine about a year ago. I change the password every 6 weeks now. Never to the same thing.

Good Ideal Richard. I need to do that to mine.

Fightinirish157 04-26-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 403377)
Just FYI, sending or receiving paypal payments has absolutely nothing to do with compromising your paypal security.

The general idea of monitoring your financial accounts is always a good one though.

Tom I was not trying to say sending payments to people on here had anything to do with it, I just wanted everyone to know and I wanted a place to vent it! Thanks for moving it to the right forum...I'm sorry if it came off as I was placing blame on sending the payments to people on FRF I was in no way trying to do that...

And for whats going on with the disputes, paypal is waiting to hear from the people the payments were sent too...

blkranger231 04-26-2011 10:03 AM

hmmm if i was one of the lat ones i havent gotten anything as of yet

Fightinirish157 04-26-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkranger231 (Post 403545)
hmmm if i was one of the lat ones i havent gotten anything as of yet

It's not yours it's the two fraudulent ones..

Fightinirish157 04-29-2011 01:32 PM

My paypal account is back in full standing, as of right now I'm out 140... I should get it all back by the end of next week...so everything is good with paypal now I can buy things again! HAHA...Well I hope to get to my installs this weekend just waiting for my LEDs for my overhead so I dont have to take it back down the next day....

Jimmeh 04-29-2011 02:20 PM

Now you got me freakin' out about my paypal.

Fightinirish157 04-29-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmeh (Post 407120)
Now you got me freakin' out about my paypal.

Sorry, when I talked to paypal they said they can send out a code that after you type your password in you have to have the code too its just an extra security blanket...Sorry was not trying to get people shaken, just wanted to bring to light that people should keep an eye on there accounts and such...Dont worry!

buggman 04-29-2011 03:19 PM

OK, I admit it... it was me. :o
I was trying to get that $3.19 in your balance :D

Just kiddin'!

Do you have a special "paypal only" bank account linked to your PP account?
I got a free checking acct at my local bank & it's the only bank account tied to my PP. That way if someone ever hacked into my stuff, they'll only get a few bucks.

Fightinirish157 04-29-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggman (Post 407138)
OK, I admit it... it was me. :o
I was trying to get that $3.19 in your balance :D

Just kiddin'!

Do you have a special "paypal only" bank account linked to your PP account?
I got a free checking acct at my local bank & it's the only bank account tied to my PP. That way if someone ever hacked into my stuff, they'll only get a few bucks.

Yeah I do and the overdrafted it, I have protection so my bank fronts me the money at 35 bones a pop...But that will all be overturned I just have to wait for paypal to finish the claims get my money then go to the bank and show them it was fraud and I will get the NSF fees overturned

joshyddog 04-29-2011 08:12 PM

Dang

Fightinirish157 05-06-2011 09:54 AM

UPDATE: For those that care, I got my money back from paypal now I just have to go to my back to get my fees overturned which is not going to be an issue as I have talked with them, and plus it helps my mom works there so if they eff with me I call her haha!