Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   How does your significant other feel about your truck hobby? (and others) (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/31802-significant-feel-truck-hobby.html)

HazardousRanger 04-20-2011 05:53 PM

How does your significant other feel about your truck hobby? (and others)

My gf does not want to be part of the truck modding (mainly spending any money on modding it) , she doesnt care and does not want to help me with it at all. however she loves the ranger and loves riding in it!

BUT she is hands down all in support of me spending money on my mountian bike, doing races and driving far away to ride....:)

Clinton 04-20-2011 05:55 PM

Re: How does your significant other feel about your truck hobby? (and others)

Same here...I already told the wife she goes before the ranger lol

ben10 04-20-2011 05:56 PM

my last one hated me spending money on it too, but she is gone now hahaha more time for the truck, this new girl im trying to get with likes wrenching on cars and loves going up into the hills and wheeling and camping so hooooooopefully she will be good with it :)

4evermodding 04-20-2011 05:56 PM

Well first she should not have to help , it's your hobby, but I would not give a flying f%&^ about whether she cared or not, you are not married to her, and she probably wont be your last girlfriend, So tell her it's your and it makes you feel good, anyways I wouldn't worry about her as it's your mom you need to be worried about; since she wont even let you get a darn bodylift. beats me

HazardousRanger 04-20-2011 05:57 PM

lol i am not fighting with her on it, i just wanted to see what others did haha. she knows ill do what i want when i want

aaron_ariens 04-20-2011 05:57 PM

Honestly, a lot of people just don't understand. But, they keep their cars dirty, and not taken care of.

Clinton 04-20-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben10 (Post 397244)
my last one hated me spending money on it too, but she is gone now hahaha more time for the truck, this new girl im trying to get with likes wrenching on cars and loves going up into the hills and wheeling and camping so hooooooopefully she will be good with it :)

And that is why she has been referred to as "the last one"

HazardousRanger 04-20-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4evermodding (Post 397245)
Well first she should not have to help , it's your hobby, but I would not give a flying f%&^ about whether she cared or not, you are not married to her, and she probably wont be your last girlfriend, So tell her it's your and it makes you feel good, anyways I wouldn't worry about her as it's your mom you need to be worried about; since she wont even let you get a darn bodylift. beats me

gotta get the body lift parts before i can even try lol likei said last week i bet if i showed up at home with the parts theyd be more okay with it

Dcrymes99ranger 04-20-2011 06:00 PM

I would say my truck is the reason I don't have a girl... But attracts them left and right. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I can spend a million or no money on a girl and she can leave me tomorrow. I can spend a million or nothing on my truck and she'll still be in my driveway 10 years down the road.

slacker302 04-20-2011 06:01 PM

Mine hate's my truck because I spend more time with the other girlfriend (truck) then her, shes learning though haha

rangermainer 04-20-2011 06:02 PM

she thinks my truck is sexy and wants me to keep it, and doesnt care what i do with it so yeah it works out nice for me :D

klinger86 04-20-2011 06:04 PM

mine helps me sometimes but mostly she doesnt like me working on my truck until it's done.... just wanna see her face when i ask her to help me with the bl..... lol

slacker302 04-20-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klinger86 (Post 397269)
mine helps me sometimes but mostly she doesnt like me working on my truck until it's done.... just wanna see her face when i ask her to help me with the bl..... lol

I dont think mine knows what a wrench is, but it's okay she looks purty ;)

HazardousRanger 04-20-2011 06:08 PM

trying to talk to my gf about my truck is like talking to a wall...she says...TEXT UR TRUCK FRIENDS! dont talk to me about it and i walk away saying yes hunny....

01_ranger_4x4 04-20-2011 06:08 PM

my wife likes my trucks so im lucky in that respect. shes glad that my hobbies arent drugs and hookers so she doesnt give me grief about my trucks.