Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/wheels-and-tires/)
-   -   what size rims to buy and how to fit it all on (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/wheels-and-tires/31710-size-rims-buy-fit.html)

95fordman 04-19-2011 06:28 PM

what size rims to buy and how to fit it all on

ok guys im not into the 4 wheelin but i love the look of a lifted truck. so anyway im wanting the xd rockstars i know some of yall dont like them but im pretty much set on the rockstars idk what size would be better 18" or 20" im wanting to run 33x12.50 nitto mud grapplers. now about how to fit them and still get that lifted look. i have a 2 or 3" block in the rear with the t bars cranked to level but what im wondering is if i crank them to the max and level the back with the front would it clear the 33s and still look like it has some lift or do i need to max them out and put a 3" pa body lift? thanks guys any info at all would be great.

SB03Ranger 04-19-2011 06:48 PM

Re: what size rims to buy and how to fit it all on

imo, it would prolly look better with a body lift. that way the wheel dnt look likee they fill up the wheel wales. but thats just what i wud think

95fordman 04-19-2011 06:52 PM

i was thinking that to with my t bars cranked to thr max and rear level with front with three inch body lift how do you think it would look? thanks

SB03Ranger 04-19-2011 07:27 PM

should look really good. im not a fan of big rims. but i like the rockstars no doubt. what size rims are u gona go with? 18s or 20s. either one i think woud look good with your set up ur planning on doing

DiabloBlanco 04-19-2011 07:29 PM

If you run 18s and 33s the T bar crank will not be enough. Youll need a different way of lifting. Like a body lift or suspension lift. Since you dont go off road id suggest a body lift as you can gain clearance cheaper that way.

95fordman 04-20-2011 04:07 PM

im still tryin to decide on 18s or 20s i want that look with the tires out the fender a lil not much but just a lil about 2". im going with some bush wacker pocket style fender flares. im stuck with the wheels becuase both have 5" backspacing but the 18 have 0 offset were the 20s have many options such as 20x10 bs 4.56" off set -24.00mm,20x8.5
bs5.14" off set 10.00mm,20x8.50 bs6.13" off set 35.00mm. i dont know much about the back spacing and off set like what they do i know a positive off set will tuck the tires under and a negative will push them out and i know the bs is the measurment from the flat bolting surface on the rim to the back edge. what rim would better with my set up an look best any opinons will great thanks guys.

95fordman 04-20-2011 07:08 PM

also do you guys think i would be fine runnin my stock gears with a 4.0 5 speed? thanks

SB03Ranger 04-20-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95fordman (Post 397407)
also do you guys think i would be fine runnin my stock gears with a 4.0 5 speed? thanks

just depends on what you want its your truck. if u want 18s get them or 20s go for them. i know my backspacing on mine are 3.75 and they hang out a bout an inch. i think its going to look gud regaurdless. what kind of gears do u have? u shud be fine running 33s.

95fordman 04-21-2011 02:41 PM

i have 3.73 gears front and rear i dont do any off roading just mau ride down a dirt road or threw a field and i will pull my boat thats it. and i think im going to go with 18s. thanks guys