Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Cleaning and Detailing (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/)
-   -   Cleaning Cloth Seats (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/31178-cleaning-cloth-seats.html)

justplainjason 04-13-2011 10:53 AM

Cleaning Cloth Seats

I am working on doing some cleaning on my truck and I need some advice on products to use on my seats. For the most part they aren't that bad, but the armrest is pretty nasty from years of neglect on my part. I have even considered taking the top of and replacing it with a different fabric. Any suggestions?

DrIftKi7Vg 04-13-2011 11:00 AM

Re: Cleaning Cloth Seats

You can try and shampooing it then hose it down and let it dry. Do it multiple times since you say it has some nasty neglected years on it.

Clinton 04-13-2011 11:02 AM

Use a shampoo machine like the bissel green machine. It heats the water and has a powerful extractor. I also like using the shampoo for heavy traffic area or pet stain removers, mix it with water about 70% solution and 30% water. You may have to go over it a few times but it does the job nicely!

esrevnoc 04-13-2011 11:14 AM

I used Simple Green on my seats / armrest. Actually took them out of the truck, hosed them down on the driveway and scrubbed / rinsed them 3 times with a soft brush. Came out looking like new. (Of course, I do have a motorcycle to ride to work while they were drying - not everyone's option to do so.)

dixie_boysles 04-13-2011 11:35 AM

simple green and Bissel Green Maching=Amazing results. do it on a hot day starting n morning and take your seats out to dry and they should be dry by that evening

DrIftKi7Vg 04-13-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixie_boysles (Post 388796)
simple green and Bissel Green Maching=Amazing results. do it on a hot day starting n morning and take your seats out to dry and they should be dry by that evening

Stupid question, what is a Bissel Green Machine?

Clinton 04-13-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrIftKi7Vg (Post 388800)
Stupid question, what is a Bissel Green Machine?

Its a portable shampoo machine...Best one I have ever used!

DrIftKi7Vg 04-13-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinton (Post 388811)
Its a portable shampoo machine...Best one I have ever used!

WHAT?! Where could I get one? Link to said machine?

Clinton 04-13-2011 11:49 AM

Walmart has them for about 100.00

DrIftKi7Vg 04-13-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinton (Post 388820)
Walmart has them for about 100.00

Not much at all.

dixie_boysles 04-13-2011 12:03 PM

they are around 80 for the not hot water ones

doyouquaxu 04-13-2011 12:21 PM

i have the not hot water one, it's fantastic. cleaned up my old 60/40 seats with it, my new seats, and on the carpet of my interior. so great.

i like to mix some oxy clean into the water too. might not do much, but billy mays screamed at me to buy it, so i feel like using it a lot.

bleu50 04-21-2011 10:27 AM

I pulled the seat covers (original) off the seats and washed them in the washer on cold, with Tide and color safe bleach, and fabric softener. They look like brand new (they were covered in coke, coffee, tobacco spit and deer blood) and smell great! I bought the truck like it and had to clean it up.

bleu50 04-21-2011 10:27 AM

I pulled the seat covers (original) off the seats and washed them in the washer on cold, with Tide and color safe bleach, and fabric softener. They look like brand new (they were covered in coke, coffee, tobacco spit and deer blood) and smell great! I bought the truck like it and had to clean it up.

Clinton 04-21-2011 10:48 AM

Wow...thats a combination of stains and smells lol! Someone needs to do a how to on pulling the covers off, I want to learn how to do that!