Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   F@&king tow company. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/30802-king-tow-company.html)

malykrol 04-07-2011 07:26 PM

F@&king tow company.

Well, I'm just going to rant a little bit here. Last night me and two of my friends were driving around, when we found this muddy area, us being stupid teenagers, thought why not. So we go in, play around in the "splash" for awhile, and then we get stuck. Awesome. My friends wanted to try to get out but there was no way we could of gotten out of there by ourselves, so I called a tow truck, my mom and dad are good friends with the owner. So we wait about 20minutes and the guy's here and he comes and looks at it, we were about 100ft off the road. He says 150$, and he's giving me a deal, I didn't really want to pay that much but whatever, shit happens. He starts to pull my truck out and I meet my mom at the road since she had to go to that bank for me, I come back to the guy standing beside my truck and my friends laughing at the guy, I remember my one friend saying "Ry's going to be f**king pissed". So I walk up and see that the tow truck driver PULLED MY TRUCK INTO A POLE. I have no idea how he managed to do it, but I figured he couldn't have done that much, and I walk around. He managed to rip off my mirror, scratch from the start of the drivers door pretty much to the box (It's an ext cab) so I started yelling at the guy, calling him every name in the book. He didn't say anything, all he said was sorry and that I would have to talk to his boss. So I left pissed off and just went to bed. Got up this morning and went right to there office and talked to the boss, and managed not to freak out. They are paying for all the repairs, and they refunded me for the tow of 150$. The guy also got fired, because it was the second incident this month. Was I right to freak out? I kind of feel like a dick because the guy got fired over it.

doyouquaxu 04-07-2011 07:29 PM

Re: F@&king tow company.

i don't think so. tow operators are trained to make sure the vehicle they hook up to will not be damaged by their operation. and since he had 2 mistakes in a month, he was clearly not paying attention to the customer's vehicles.

malykrol 04-07-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doyouquaxu (Post 382556)
i don't think so. tow operators are trained to make sure the vehicle they hook up to will not be damaged by their operation. and since he had 2 mistakes in a month, he was clearly not paying attention to the customer's vehicles.

I understand that. I mean, the guy obv wasn't paying attention, or maybe he was not properly trained, but I still feel like a jerk, I mean he's got bills, probably more than me. I may call up the boss and ask him to see if he'll give the guy a 3rd chance, I just don't want anything bad to happen to this guy because of me.

ben10 04-07-2011 07:34 PM

free tow and a detail! sounds like a solid deal, look on the bright side! but yeah that does suck...

ObsoleteE 04-07-2011 07:39 PM

You made out great in this situation. Sucks that the driver got fired though.

99rangerguy 04-07-2011 07:40 PM

He should have been more careful, instead of careless. I would of done the same thing if I was in your shoes.

DiabloBlanco 04-07-2011 07:42 PM

Sucks for that guy...

rangerstranger 04-07-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malykrol (Post 382569)
I understand that. I mean, the guy obv wasn't paying attention, or maybe he was not properly trained, but I still feel like a jerk, I mean he's got bills, probably more than me. I may call up the boss and ask him to see if he'll give the guy a 3rd chance, I just don't want anything bad to happen to this guy because of me.

quit being such a gurl about it He screwed up now twice He at some point in his lifehas to find out that he is responsanle for his own actions,Tough Love, but you're not his keeper or his mommy.:star:;);)

Jimmeh 04-07-2011 07:47 PM

How is it your fault that he is incompetent enough to make the same mistake twice? Don't feel bad for him. He may be blaming you, but then again, he may not be. Who cares? It's not going to affect the way you are living your life. At least, it shouldn't! But you are making it!

There are plenty of crappy towing companies out there that will probably hire him and treat him fairly. Don't sweat it.

ObsoleteE 04-07-2011 07:47 PM

I agree with the OP here. I bet this guy will be more careful from now on. I wouldn't want the burden of having someone fired in this economy.

malykrol 04-07-2011 07:49 PM

I guess you're right, it was his mistake, and I hope he has learned from it.

rangerstranger 04-07-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malykrol (Post 382607)
I guess you're right, it was his mistake, and I hope he has learned from it.

and thats all you can do!!:D:D:D

Twisty 04-07-2011 08:35 PM

A few years ago, a guy slammed into the back of my cherry 1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham. I dug into him pretty good about it. A few minutes later, I walked over to him and apologized for what I said. He said that I had every right to say those things. I replied "I did not."
Be a good human. See if you can get his number from the boss. Call him.
It was an accident - a mistake. You will be made whole again.
Life can be difficult enough without that kind of shit hanging on your back.

I've learned that a little humility goes a long way.

AlxGry 04-07-2011 08:53 PM

Cussed out by a teenager then fired the next day....life sucks.

Jimmeh 04-07-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlxGry (Post 382794)
Cussed out by a teenager then fired the next day....life sucks.

Both of which was his own fault. If I was a tow truck driver and I did damage to a customers vehicle, I would expect a cuss out as well. Why? Because I didn't provide good service.

If it had been a mistake that I repeated even after being reprimanded, costing my company money, I would also expect to get fired.

When a person is costing a company money rather than making it, that person is not worth keeping around. You can't have an employee who keeps making mistakes just to keep him employed.

Again, OP, IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT! Do NOT feel sorry for the guy. The company had every right to can the guy. Personally, I would have given him another chance, but at the same time I can also understand why he was fired.