Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Ben checking out ITT tech for school...yeah right (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/30694-ben-checking-itt-tech-school-yeah.html)

pooleo 04-06-2011 02:41 PM

Ben checking out ITT tech for school...yeah right

They can have it!!! $493 per credit hour!!! 96 credit hours to get associates degree in CDD. Almost $50,000 for a 2 year course. I'll pass, $68 a credit hour at the community college, yeah choice is clear!

DangerRanger2000 04-06-2011 02:53 PM

Re: Ben checking out ITT tech for school...yeah right

I hear ya man! I checked out wyo-tech in daytona and as much as i love motorcycles and have had one since i was old enough to ride, they can keep $28,000 a semester. I'm not sayin its a bad tech school, its a pretty awesome place but the commercials are misleading also, the shops are a mad house with around 50-100 people working in them, i dont know how the kids learn anything with that much going on at one time!!

Twisty 04-06-2011 02:56 PM

What is CDD?

pooleo 04-06-2011 03:02 PM

computer aided drafting and design. Used to be CADD, but for some reason the "A" was dropped

edgerider2002 04-06-2011 03:19 PM

ya community college is a lot cheaper. i unfortuantely will be going to the more expensive route to a trade school like that though rather then community college. more money is worth not having a 2.5 year wait to get into a nursing program imo

Casper 04-06-2011 03:29 PM

Whose Ben?

Badb3000 04-06-2011 03:36 PM

Alot of community colleges are offering 4 year programs now. Its alot cheaper. IT schools can be misleading sometimes, especially with prices. I can get just as good an education paying like you said around $70 per credit hour, rather than pay $10,000 a semester to get the same thing.

Jimmeh 04-06-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerRanger2000 (Post 380856)
I hear ya man! I checked out wyo-tech in daytona and as much as i love motorcycles and have had one since i was old enough to ride, they can keep $28,000 a semester. I'm not sayin its a bad tech school, its a pretty awesome place but the commercials are misleading also, the shops are a mad house with around 50-100 people working in them, i dont know how the kids learn anything with that much going on at one time!!

I was enrolled in Wyotech and was supposed to go the year before last, but decided to stay here instead because I was making a lot of money and because I didn't feel like spending the $28K to go. They just called me a couple of weeks ago like they do every year and to tell the truth, I have been thinking about it again, but at the same time I don't want to leave a job I have to get into a large amount of debt for training that may not lead to anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casper (Post 380904)
Whose Ben?

I was wondering the same thing.

Twisty 04-06-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleo (Post 380867)
computer aided drafting and design. Used to be CADD, but for some reason the "A" was dropped

Ah..... I see. Thanks

Ben's a nice guy, he's been checking out school options. lol

Not only do you need a college education now, they look to see where you got it from.

pooleo 04-06-2011 03:59 PM

Sorry (ben) should be (been) as in an action! ahahahahahahhaaha

Twisty 04-06-2011 04:00 PM

Ben should be been, therefore he is.

pooleo 04-06-2011 04:01 PM

^^^:rofl:

WearyTraveler 04-07-2011 07:40 AM

Community colleges offer a lot more then what most people think.

The best advantage is class size. Depending on the class you take, you may only have 10 to 15 people in it. Compared to a university that would have 20 to 30 people in the same class.

knightmare1015 04-07-2011 08:04 AM

It's not unlike my exp. at Nascar Tech. Alot people that I met swore they'd be able to get into Nascar once they finished, but they soon found out that you have to know someone to get into Nascar. They sell people dreams but don't give them the full picture. I sat real goals for myself and everyday once I got towards the end they kept harrassing me to take other classes and I kept saying no. Once I got to Nascar Engines II, I got pissed off and left and determined that overall I had fun while doing it, but they tend to rip people off. I was one of the few that didn't get ripped off, and for that I'm extremely greatfull. Private college is just as expensive if not more than tech schools, Comm. college is the way to go IMO. For example: A semester at Emory & Henry college is $32,000 dollars a semester. VA Highlands Comm. College you can go for about 2 1/2 years at that price. Plus the requirements to get in a comm. college are not as tough either. I had to take 4 tests just to even apply for Nascar Tech and out of 100 people, only 5 of us passed, including myself.

pooleo 04-07-2011 08:17 AM

They are very misleading. My thoughts initially was that it was like a trade school. you go just for what you want to do. But not the case, you have to take the gen ed classes just like anywhere else! Im sure I could test outta a few of the math classes, but to spend close to 6k on gen eds are just stupid.

knightmare1015 04-07-2011 08:26 AM

Yeah, Most people don't look at the overall picture. I can't see paying that kind of money for general ed. classes either, but 6k aint bad compared to some other tutition costs that I've seen either. Here's another sad fact. 85% of college grads don't get to use their education, and have huge amounts of debt and usually end up working in fast food joints before,during and after college. It seems like there's no placement programs for them when ther're in the home stretch of finishing.

btm757 04-07-2011 09:42 AM

Yeah our community college here has a better program than ITT or ATI and it is a fraction of the cost