Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Cleaning and Detailing (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/)
-   -   Turtle Wax Black Box... (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/30309-turtle-wax-black-box.html)

knightmare1015 03-31-2011 11:01 PM

Turtle Wax Black Box...

I wonder if this stuff is any count? Has anyone tried this yet? here's a photo of an old car that the owner swears it's good:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...re1015/031.jpg

rangerstranger 04-01-2011 07:11 AM

Re: Turtle Wax Black Box...

I guess pictures dont lie.Thats one good looking Monte,if thats your cup of tea!:D

DrIftKi7Vg 04-01-2011 01:51 PM

I have it and used it a couple times when I first bought it. And I must say, the end results are crazy! The shine is amazing! Reason I stopped using it and went to using the new Meguiars liquid wax is because the time it takes to put on the Turtle Wax black box on the truck, I can get down detailing two vehicles with the new Meguiars liquid wax. It takes so long because of the steps you need to go through. First pre wax. Then wax, then detail then polish. And you have to clay bar the truck first if you haven't done so. With Meguiars, it's simply put on, let dry, buff off. Quick, simple, non messy (don't have to wear gloves) and it produces a huge mirror like shine. I say use that 20 or so bucks and get the Meguiars liquid wax. You'll thank me when you see the end results.

End of rant :D

DiabloBlanco 04-01-2011 02:12 PM

Ehhh its alright, I dont like to use turtle wax all that much.

DrIftKi7Vg 04-01-2011 02:22 PM

x2. That is why I switched over to the new Meguiars liquid wax :D

zman7125 04-01-2011 07:05 PM

I do like Black Box its great product, end result is awesome but i agree it is a pain in the ass to apply & its very messy (never thought to apply it with gloves).
DrIftKi7Vg, you've got me itchin to try out that Meguiars now on my blue truck haha

dixie_boysles 04-01-2011 07:17 PM

I assume the Black box is tutle wax's clay bar system? Meh I stay away from turtle wax period. I lov meguirs though.

Anything meguiars is the shat

knightmare1015 04-02-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerstranger (Post 375664)
I guess pictures dont lie.Thats one good looking Monte,if thats your cup of tea!:D

Thanks for the input but that aint a Monte Carlo, that is an 1984 Buick GN.

----------

I never thought you'd have to use gloves so screw that. ICE is really good, and goes on in no time. ICE Liquid wax is good, and so is Total Interior Care. It duplicates that "new car smell" exactly.

2003fordranger 04-02-2011 03:05 PM

when i had my 03 i used the turtle wax black box and it had worked wonders on that stuff had hide all the scratches on the truck very well.i would recommend it,but the only thing i did not like is the time it took to put on,i usually skip a lot of steps and still comes out good

Graham600rr 04-02-2011 03:08 PM

just used it last week, before i put it on i used turtle wax 'ice' clay bar kit, the black box really works great, but like everyone said.... its a pain in the ass. goes a lot faster if you have a buddy that can help.

knightmare1015 04-02-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham600rr (Post 376805)
just used it last week, before i put it on i used turtle wax 'ice' clay bar kit, the black box really works great, but like everyone said.... its a pain in the ass. goes a lot faster if you have a buddy that can help.

Well, I only detail it about once a year so usually it ends up being an all day job for me anyway.