Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   The future of the ranger... (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/30292-future-ranger.html)

knightmare1015 03-31-2011 06:29 PM

The future of the ranger...

It's status seems to be unclear. Each year I hear a rumor that it's the last year of the ranger, which usually turns out to be untrue. After seeing the ugly version of the F150, It's kindly scary of of what a new model of the ranger line would look like. I wonder if they plan on introducing a new line of engines or what other options they plan to add in the near future. I see a bright future for the ranger ahead but it seems to me that Ford Motor Co. isn't even in the same library as I am. I wonder if they know what they're letting slip away? What do you guys thinks they should do with the Ranger? What ideas would you consider?

haybo19 03-31-2011 06:30 PM

Re: The future of the ranger...

go rangers!!!!!

SalRanger2 03-31-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haybo19 (Post 375118)
go rangers!!!!!

oh yea!!

yea idk with the technology we have why wouldnt we keep the ranger? ik this has been said before but a factory ranger with that echoboost V6 would be pretty kick ass!

clownbaby 03-31-2011 06:34 PM

i just hope they dont do the 2-leveled window like they did with the f-series

richarddhoward 03-31-2011 06:34 PM

Step up the Ranger in size a bit, add new engine designs, I'd love a diesel and a V8 option, add a crew cab, please keep the manual trans on all engine and trim levels, make a luxury model, and add lots of cool goodies, I'll buy one. I really just don't have a need for a full size

knightmare1015 03-31-2011 06:36 PM

Yeah the eco boost would be a good choice for the ranger, I don't know why they wouldn't put that engine in a Ranger.

ObsoleteE 03-31-2011 06:36 PM

If Ford continues to produce the Ranger I see a mix of good and bad things.

The good:
More powerful smaller engines with better fuel economy.
4 doors available in the US

The bad:
Plastic bumpers
Shitty styling
Possible unibody shitness.

richarddhoward 03-31-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsoleteE (Post 375129)
If Ford continues to produce the Ranger I see a mix of good and bad things.

The good:
More powerful smaller engines with better fuel economy.
4 doors available in the US

The bad:
Plastic bumpers
Shitty styling
Possible unibody shitness.

Plastic we are stuck with, I'd kind of like to see a restyle kind of like a Super Duty, or better yet make it it's own! The unibody I wouldn't touch, I know it'd be strong, but I can't modify a unibody like I can body on frame. This is a truck, not a crossover SUV

knightmare1015 03-31-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richarddhoward (Post 375124)
Step up the Ranger in size a bit, add new engine designs, I'd love a diesel and a V8 option, add a crew cab, please keep the manual trans on all engine and trim levels, make a luxury model, and add lots of cool goodies, I'll buy one. I really just don't have a need for a full size

Yep, same here. I'd like to see those V8 engines such as the new 5.0. GM's Canyon is just about the only light duty truck you can get a V8 option, other than the old Dakota.

richarddhoward 03-31-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightmare1015 (Post 375140)
Yep, same here. I'd like to see those V8 engines such as the new 5.0. GM's Canyon is just about the only light duty truck you can get a V8 option, other than the old Dakota.

They are killing both of those as well, leaving Nissan and Toyota as the only ones with a smaller pick up. They do have crewcabs, but no V8s. I have a Sonoma, and I honestly am not impressed by the Canyon/Colorado. I refuse, even though they are mostly made in America to buy a Toyota or Nissan truck, it's just not going to happen. I don't want one. I bought American vehicles for years, and I will continue too. That doesn't mean I won't get a couple weird Asian cars later on, but I will not at the present moment get one.

knightmare1015 03-31-2011 06:42 PM

I think we ought to add some engine choices and keep it modern underneath, but go with the body style in my avatar. That would out sell just about everything. A modern truck of today with "old school" body styling. In fact that avatar was done exactly the way. He took a modern engine and all of the electronics out of an F150, stuck them on an old LWB Ranger frame and went with an old school body he found in a barn some place. My 2004 Ranger Edge model sits exactly 1 inch lower than the current F150, and if the ride height aint been lowered, the EXACT same size as a 1956 F100.

richarddhoward 03-31-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightmare1015 (Post 375147)
I think we ought to add some engine choices and keep it modern underneath, but go with the body style in my avatar. That would out sell just about everything. A modern truck of today with "old school" body styling.

Eh maybe, I think maybe a modern redesign is in order. They have had the same dash 15 years

DiabloBlanco 03-31-2011 06:48 PM

Id hate to see it go, but if it does ill keep mine alive.

knightmare1015 03-31-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richarddhoward (Post 375146)
They are killing both of those as well, leaving Nissan and Toyota as the only ones with a smaller pick up. They do have crewcabs, but no V8s. I have a Sonoma, and I honestly am not impressed by the Canyon/Colorado. I refuse, even though they are mostly made in America to buy a Toyota or Nissan truck, it's just not going to happen. I don't want one. I bought American vehicles for years, and I will continue too. That doesn't mean I won't get a couple weird Asian cars later on, but I will not at the present moment get one.

Not exactly. they're keeing only the V8 canyon. They still end up making it, just probably call it something else a.k.a "name badging" which is one of many reasons pontiac went bye bye.

richarddhoward 03-31-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightmare1015 (Post 375155)
Not exactly. they're keeing only the V8 canyon. They still end up making it, just probably call it something else a.k.a "name badging" which is one of many reasons pontiac went bye bye.

I miss Pontiac, they had some cool shit