Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Libyia (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/30041-libyia.html)

pooleo 03-28-2011 04:39 PM

Libyia

Lets start up a nice conversation of the recent news in Libyia. Obama is on right now running his mouth.

I personally feel we have NO business interfering with other countries issues. We were not attacked. And to go over the head of congress to the UN for authorization.....? Who the HELL do you think you are!

ObsoleteE 03-28-2011 04:42 PM

Re: Libyia

I agree, we need to stop "solving" other countries' problems. We have plenty of our own problems, like the BIGGEST NATIONAL DEBT EVER!!!!

edgeman4.0 03-28-2011 04:42 PM

Fuck 'em. Who gives a shit about some 3rd world shit hole? Let them re-arrange their rocks and sort their own shit out.

DiabloBlanco 03-28-2011 04:43 PM

the UN and the USA have an obligation to helping helpless citizens of countries at war. As for going over the congress to the UN thats an impeachable offense.

01_ranger_4x4 03-28-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco (Post 371439)
the UN and the USA have an obligation to helping helpless citizens of countries at war. As for going over the congress to the UN thats an impeachable offense.

yep this is true. as much as i cant stand Obama i know in this case his hands were tied. being a part of the UN we are obligated to step in. its kind of a damned if you do damned if you dont situation.

schultzkenneth 03-28-2011 04:48 PM

I do not agree with us being over there. But, as stated above, with the UN, not much we can do about it. I do think it's going to lead to some issues down the road for us though.

DHEM 03-28-2011 05:00 PM

i'd say fuck the UN its not our war. Isnt it the UN's job to prevent war, not spred it and get every country it can involved?

Also, when are pulling out of there as Obama promised?

FireRanger 03-28-2011 05:01 PM

BULLSHIT. How many things have we done where half the UN decided not to partake in. I'm sick of being the damn wold police. Every time "The UN" wants something, it really means "We have to do it for them".

pooleo 03-28-2011 05:02 PM

I guess I dont understand how a Treaty organization (NATO) can assume command of a war going on....? isnt that like an oxymoron

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRanger (Post 371475)
BULLSHIT. How many things have we done where half the UN decided not to partake in. I'm sick of being the damn wold police. Every time "The UN" wants something, it really means "We have to do it for them".

x2

Fordzilla80 03-28-2011 05:04 PM

Simple answer.

>===nuke> Libya

DiabloBlanco 03-28-2011 05:05 PM

its called artice 5. READ IT

FireRanger 03-28-2011 05:07 PM

NATO and the UN... all politics. All politicians lie and say whatever makes them sound special at given time to whoever is listening. There is no reason to believe that NATO, the UN, or any other political body is doing anything for anyone's good but their own.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco (Post 371489)
its called artice 5. READ IT

If you're so smart, why don't you explain it to us. I'm not reading it, since regardless of what it says, I think its a bad idea.

DiabloBlanco 03-28-2011 05:07 PM

Thats why you dont run the country. Dont like it? CHANGE IT.

DHEM 03-28-2011 05:12 PM

George Washington warned about long term alliances and political parties, this is why.

Jimmeh 03-28-2011 05:13 PM

It's not only the fact that we are there because the UN made us provide support to the rebels. Libya provides a lot of European oil. We ourselves only use about 90,000 Libyan oil barrels a day, but that's pretty much Europe's oil shop.