Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   How do YOU lock stuff in your bed? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/28008-lock-stuff-bed.html)

HazardousRanger 03-02-2011 04:54 PM

How do YOU lock stuff in your bed?

This is NOT i repeat NOT a thread about getting a cover or anything like that....

i just want to know how you lock things in your bed.

i use a long cable that is locked to my hitch and i line a chain or another cable through my anchor points for a double lock.

Mountain bike is usually locked in the truck but after having it stolen its not locked for very long!

Fordzilla80 03-02-2011 05:07 PM

Re: How do YOU lock stuff in your bed?

I never carry much in the bed that needs to be locked. If I do, I have a tonneau cover that I can put on the truck in advance.

HazardousRanger 03-02-2011 05:08 PM

like i said lol not a tonneau cover topic :) but thats good though u can do that

klinger86 03-02-2011 05:11 PM

i went to walmart and got a box that fits in my bed and got it starpped in there and locked... i know real secure. no one tried to get it yet....

Fordzilla80 03-02-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazardousranger (Post 344549)
like i said lol not a tonneau cover topic

Idk what the purpose of this thread is then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazardousranger (Post 344537)
This is NOT i repeat NOT a thread about getting a cover or anything like that....

i just want to know how you lock things in your bed.

I just responded telling you how I lock stuff in my bed, shall I have the need to lock stuff in my bed. Specifics man, specifics.:)

dryin 03-02-2011 05:15 PM

i got a black box from walmart and chained it to my roll bars with a lock

HazardousRanger 03-02-2011 05:23 PM

seeing of other places or ideas of locking stuff...having a cable hanging a few inches under my hitch isnt that great but it does the job...just sucks to drape it over the tailgate

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 (Post 344562)
Idk what the purpose of this thread is then.

I just responded telling you how I lock stuff in my bed, shall I have the need to lock stuff in my bed. Specifics man, specifics.:)

but point taken lol

Fordzilla80 03-02-2011 05:24 PM

Unfortunately, if a thief wants something bad enough, he'll get it. There is absolutely no humane, legal way to keep a thief from taking your stuff. All you can do is make it harder for them, in hopes to deter their plans. It's a shame shooting thieves isn't legal anymore.

HazardousRanger 03-02-2011 05:26 PM

hence the thread lol i want to triple lock it if at all possible!

Fordzilla80 03-02-2011 05:29 PM

They'll still get it. Put plexiglass over your bed, thieves will cut through it. Same with plate steel. Even if you come up with the most unbreakable locking system, the thieves will just steal your truck and buy themselves time to figure out your locking system.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy, just trying to convince you to not waste your time/money.

HazardousRanger 03-02-2011 05:32 PM

i know but if i can deter them from stealing it in public then good! im not saying im trying to make it impossible im just trying to make it really hard lol

----------

i dont think ill change how i lock stuff, im just curious

Fordzilla80 03-02-2011 05:39 PM

lol, I hear ya man.

Jimmeh 03-02-2011 05:45 PM

I just lock my toolbox, lol.

You know those things that you stuff inside those tubes so when people open the tube, they come flying out? I can't for the life of me remember what they are called, but I want to get some of those and put them in my tool box so if a thief were to open it, it would be like "SURPRISE! CHECK OUT ALL THIS AWESOME STUFF!"

HazardousRanger 03-02-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmeh (Post 344623)
I just lock my toolbox, lol.

You know those things that you stuff inside those tubes so when people open the tube, they come flying out? I can't for the life of me remember what they are called, but I want to get some of those and put them in my tool box so if a thief were to open it, it would be like "SURPRISE! CHECK OUT ALL THIS AWESOME STUFF!"

how would u keep it from blowing up at u? hahaha :)

Jimmeh 03-02-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazardousranger (Post 344630)
how would u keep it from blowing up at u? hahaha :)

I wouldn't care if it did it to me, because it would be like a party every time I wanted to grab a tool. Instead of checking out the awesome stuff it would be like "YEAH! CUT THAT PLYWOOD WITH YOUR SKIL SAW!" "GO GET'EM WITH THAT HAMMER DRILL!"