Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/)
-   -   I think he want to rip me off? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/27962-rip.html)

jack7481 03-02-2011 04:37 AM

I think he want to rip me off?

Last week I bought a tuner for my ranger.In milwaukee there are two dealers 1 a diesel shop the other is gas I ordered the sct from the gas shop but after a week and no calls I decided to buy from the diesel shop! so after I boght it I found out it had no stock tunes and I would need a custom tune for the ranger so I called sct they don't do tunes I would have to go through a dealer to get it for my truck,the diesel shop will give me my money back the gas shop said to me after a wk with no calls your tuner is here I dont need it I bought 1 alreasdy!he wants to charde me 300 to 500 for a turn + dyno check fuel /air for the ranger! so I called sct home office and they said tunes go for 50 to 100. so I think he trying to make up$$$ for me not buying there what do you guys think?.

pcityranger 03-02-2011 08:04 AM

Re: I think he want to rip me off?

Id say forget u!!! After a week of no calls or anything, i probably would have thought the same thing that nothing was going on with the gas shop. Its a dealer so they deff want ur $$$.

FireRanger 03-02-2011 08:26 AM

Why on earth would you buy a tuner from a shop?? There a number of people on these forums and with websites that sell them complete with tunes.

jack7481 03-02-2011 08:46 AM

I thought that it came with tunes on it but NOTHING for the rangers you have to buy a custom tune for rangers I didnt know that.

edgeman4.0 03-02-2011 09:35 AM

no tuners come with tunes.... Doug (i think) at bamachips sells them as well as a few other places. do your research.

01_ranger_4x4 03-02-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 343921)
no tuners come with tunes.... Doug (i think) at bamachips sells them as well as a few other places. do your research.

thats false, it depends on where the tuner comes from. edge, superchips, diablo sport, bully dog, banks come with "canned" tunes from the factory. some, like the SCT's can be custom tuned as well. maybe you should do your research.

edgeman4.0 03-02-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 (Post 343943)
thats false, it depends on where the tuner comes from. edge, superchips, diablo sport, bully dog, banks, some SCT's come with "canned" tunes from the factory. some, like the SCT's can be custom tuned as well. maybe you should do your research.

We're not talking about bullydog, superchips, edge, diablosport or banks...

Op said he had an sct.. Most sct's come with only the "factory" tune on them and have to be purchased from an outside source or made..

I've done my homework, thanks.

01_ranger_4x4 03-02-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 343947)
We're not talking about bullydog, superchips, edge, diablosport or banks...

Op said he had an sct.. Most sct's come with only the "factory" tune on them and have to be purchased from an outside source or made..

I've done my homework, thanks.

hmm, maybe you should have worded it slightly different

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 343921)
no tuners come with tunes....

jack7481 03-02-2011 10:13 AM

yeah I should of my homework on this first...huh.

edgeman4.0 03-02-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 (Post 343948)
hmm, maybe you should have worded it slightly different

splitting hairs now, aren't we?

01_ranger_4x4 03-02-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 343959)
splitting hairs now, aren't we?

no, not really. when you say no tuners come with tunes, that to me leads me to believe that you think that no tuners come with tunes which is in fact false.

edgeman4.0 03-02-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 (Post 343963)
no, not really. when you say no tuners come with tunes, that to me leads me to believe that you think that no tuners come with tunes which is in fact false.

yes, really. When speaking in the context of sct tuners, which was my understanding that was what we were speaking about. My statement is correct, isn't it your job as "moderator" to stop the bickering, not incite it? Or is that another double standard that is practiced here?

putty 03-02-2011 10:18 PM

Back to the OP....I'd contact Fred at Rogue Performance about getting his custom tunes. I believe he charges 100 for 3 custom tunes.

jack7481 03-03-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putty (Post 345278)
Back to the OP....I'd contact Fred at Rogue Performance about getting his custom tunes. I believe he charges 100 for 3 custom tunes.

thank alot guy.

01_ranger_4x4 03-03-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putty (Post 345278)

I second fred, he's great to deal with and he writes awesome tunes, he wrote mine for my xcal

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk