Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Just Curious...interior question (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/27655-curious-interior-question.html)

Kindy 02-26-2011 06:17 PM

Just Curious...interior question

Ok, so I've been looking around and I've seen some of you guys with really nice clean interiors and others that are...well let's just say...alot LESS than clean.

So, when it comes to the "looks" of your ride how many of you worry about what the inside looks like as opposed to how nice it looks on the outside?

P.S. Unfortunately, I am a neat freak and when people see my truck I'd like them to see that it looks good inside and out, so I clean my interior A LOT. Does anyone ever really even care what the inside looks like? Am I wasting my time cleaning it all the time?

STL 02-26-2011 06:20 PM

Re: Just Curious...interior question

I can't stand a dirty interior. I hate spilt drinks on the inside. I clean it out when I clean the outside.

My sister spilt a soda in her car once it cost 300+ dollars to get the shifter replaced once the soda junked up everything.

Twisty 02-26-2011 06:22 PM

I keep mine very clean, including picking out the dog hairs when I vacuum.
I also use a Bissel steam carpet/upholstery cleaner. It makes a huge difference. Use the solution with Scotchguard and it will prevent stains.
Except for a couple wear spots, it looks like new.

klinger86 02-26-2011 06:23 PM

I like my interior clean enough to eat off of as the saying goes. But that comes with my job. We have to keep our ambulances spotless so I have become a little OCD about it.

Kindy 02-26-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klinger86 (Post 339768)
I like my interior clean enough to eat off of as the saying goes. But that comes with my job. We have to keep our ambulances spotless so I have become a little OCD about it.

OCD!! LOL You have NO idea!! Fellow OCD'er here! :) It's killing me to not wash my truck every day because of the stupid snow! Can't imagine what I'll be like when it gets muddy! :eek:

klinger86 02-26-2011 06:30 PM

Lol it drives me nuts when the pollen is up cause my truck is light metallic blue and the pollen of course is yellow so my truck looks neon green. I want to end up washing it like every 2 hours.

STL 02-26-2011 06:30 PM

FRF's very own Mr. Clean. He takes cleaning a ranger to the extreme.

Kindy 02-26-2011 06:35 PM

LOL!! Nice! Yep, that will be me!

klinger86 02-26-2011 06:36 PM

Thanks STL you hav just made me feel like going to clean my truck.

Clinton 02-26-2011 06:41 PM

I keep the interior better than the exterior, I cant stand seeing a mess or dust in there

Kindy 02-26-2011 06:43 PM

It's nice to know I am not the only one who spends so much time cleaning the interior. Don't feel like such a "freak" after all. :)

STL 02-26-2011 06:46 PM

Most people I know who don't clean the interior it smells horrible in there.

Kindy 02-26-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 339803)
Most people I know who don't clean the interior it smells horrible in there.

YES! Thank you!

Fordzilla80 02-26-2011 06:56 PM

My interior is clean, but it does have a few items tossed around. I usually clean them out once a week. Unfortunately, as far as smells go, my jobs don't allow for springtime freshness, so I have to rely on powerful air fresheners to keep the odors at bay. But as far as spills/dirt/animal furs go, they piss me off something fierce, and you will not find any of those in my truck on the weekends.

SCrangerdude 02-26-2011 07:06 PM

I try to keep the interior looking nice. The exterior gets a new coat of mud every week or two, but I hate for my carpet to be dirty or for my gauge panel to be dusty.