Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Stolen!! Help! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/26976-stolen-help.html)

pink.rocker 02-19-2011 01:07 AM

Stolen!! Help!

Hey everyone, today roughly around 7:30pm 19-02-11
Brownie was stolen from grande prairie Alberta.
f350 lariat,
crewcab,
long box dually,
tan
Taken with a full tank of gas and could be anywhere in the northern Alberta/BC area.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/g...o/photo-46.jpg
If seen please contact the local authorities,
Your help would be muchly appreciated from anyone living near.
Many hours of hard work went into putting this young guy back on the road this summer, I'd hate to see it go to waste so quickly.
If need be please repost in other forums that have more people from Alberta.

Thank you.

S13minus1 02-19-2011 01:15 AM

Re: Stolen!! Help!

wow thats harsh :/
i hope you get it back!

Ranger Sport 02-19-2011 01:24 AM

Hope the cops find it asap, and the one who stole it.

Thankfully that's not a common truck, it should make it easier to locate.

Rango88 02-19-2011 01:25 AM

I just hope no one strips it or drives it across the the border

pooleo 02-19-2011 01:30 AM

if reported stolen customs would know wouldn't they? Im sure they check plates and things. Plus they'd have to have a passport. Sadly, that truck is prolly at a chop shop. Hope not, nice truck.

Rango88 02-19-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleo (Post 330941)
if reported stolen customs would know wouldn't they? Im sure they check plates and things. Plus they'd have to have a passport. Sadly, that truck is prolly at a chop shop. Hope not, nice truck.

I mean cross the border to NWT lol try finding it there, its a wasteland.

Ranger Sport 02-19-2011 01:34 AM

You could always park your truck sideways and block the road out, i mean its alberta, how many roads can there be?

hahahaha jk jk :)

btm757 02-19-2011 01:37 AM

That sucks man. Hope you get her back in one piece. Around here you dont worry about them going to chop shops. Normally they just joy ride the piss out of them till they get tired of it, run out of fuel, or crash. Occasionally people just use them for transportation. At class one night some guy had his Jeep stolen with his laptop and a few other valuables in the jeep and they found the jeep about a week later parked on the streets of DC (3.5 Hours Away) And nothing was touched Laptop was still on the front seat where it was left.

Hopefully they just used it for transportation or something and you get her back soon

pink.rocker 02-19-2011 04:04 AM

Thanks everyone, sadly around here they like to take them out to the dunes. Drive it like hell, and light it on fire. Were hoping to much snow for them to get in there. Sigh :(

Ranger Sport 02-19-2011 04:17 AM

If the person had the balls to steal something as big and flashy as your truck is, it could also be to re-sell in another province, as the information and paper trail seldom crosses borders.

Were you well insured?

TerrenceStuart 02-19-2011 06:45 AM

that sucks! I hate thieves.

DHEM 02-19-2011 07:45 AM

yeah you could go through craigslist, some people will try to sell it through that.

btm757 02-19-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHEM (Post 331099)
yeah you could go through craigslist, some people will try to sell it through that.

Do yall not have titles there or something cause here you would have to be dumber than a sack of rocks to buy without a title or any other paperwork for that matter. unless they were to do a re-vin.

And if they do sell it. and then they find it than that person would be out the money they paid for it and around here sometimes be charged with receiving stolen property.

I take it Canada doesnt work like the states between Providences.

01B3000 02-19-2011 08:35 AM

God that sucks, hope you get it back.

HazardousRanger 02-19-2011 08:35 AM

shit i am so sorry about that! i was recently a victim of theft although it was nowhere near as valuable as a truck!

So sorry!!!! best of luck finding it!