Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Maybe X Ranger Owner (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/26958-maybe-ranger-owner.html)

dewking 02-18-2011 07:06 PM

Maybe X Ranger Owner

I had my share of problems with my 2011 ranger, and for a new truck I am really dissapointed with it! Took a look at the nissian frontier today and I might be trading my ranger in for it. What do you guys think of the Nissian?
No flaming please
Regards,
Dewking

01_ranger_4x4 02-18-2011 07:08 PM

Re: Maybe X Ranger Owner

here, you might need this.....

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/...flame_suit.jpg

Rango88 02-18-2011 07:12 PM

I have looked at the Frontier (I was looking at a crew cab 4x2) and they are nice powerful trucks but seemed harder on gas then my ranger and the interior components are actually ugly then the interior of ranger from 1997. All in all I felt like since the frontier was being sold for premium price, why not go all the way and get Taco. But I love my Ranger. What problems have you faced with yours to come to this resolution?

2010 02-18-2011 07:30 PM

trade it in for another new ranger.

TerrenceStuart 02-18-2011 08:31 PM

LOL trade a new truck for a new truck.
hey, I have this 2011 with a "rattle" give me a new one, please"

DHEM 02-18-2011 09:34 PM

Forums answer: :damnmate:

:thefinger:

FordDude1991 02-18-2011 10:13 PM

What are all the issues other than the rattle and the dash prob?

i love mine, in fact i traded in a new 2011 Mustang V6 for my ranger cause i had a laundry list of problems scaling from tranny to motor, to interior, to paint problems. Ford handled it very well, and tried to help me but the 3 dealerships i was at were not as willing.

My truck has been nothing but good to me. maybe its the "Henry Ford" Black :P

schultzkenneth 02-19-2011 06:01 AM

I personally, if i had a choice between a frontier and a taco, i think i'd take the frontier, but if the Ranger was an option, i'd take that without thinking twice.

I haven't read through all your posts but, have you taken it back to the dealer? How long have you had it, maybe it's just gotta get broke in?

This is why i'd probably never buy a new vehicle, used ones have some of the bugs worked out.

Ranger Sport 02-19-2011 06:21 AM

I looked at the interior, is it me or they used the same mold (or almost) to the frontier, pathfinder and titan?

Looks like a bigger truck than the ranger (aka pricier), depends on your needs. If i changed my truck, i don't think nissan would come first to mind.

dewking 02-19-2011 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowd88 (Post 330651)
I have looked at the Frontier (I was looking at a crew cab 4x2) and they are nice powerful trucks but seemed harder on gas then my ranger and the interior components are actually ugly then the interior of ranger from 1997. All in all I felt like since the frontier was being sold for premium price, why not go all the way and get Taco. But I love my Ranger. What problems have you faced with yours to come to this resolution?

the biggest thing was the instrament cluster went out and let me setting had to have it towed, dealer had it for 3 days. I had problems with it from day one. Now the check engine light is comming on, its running really rough. its also making a cluncking sound in 4 weel drive, shift problem into overdrive, doesnt alwasy shift in overdrive unless i push the overdrive button a few times. the hitch is allready starting to rust, rattles under dash I think that is from the cluster being replaced. well thats the list of problems.
Regards,
Dewking

STL 02-19-2011 06:28 AM

Well since your truck is under warranty why not demand they fix the problems instead of pawning them off on someone else?

If you cant get anywhere with the dealership call ford directly and ask to speak with the customer relations people.

dewking 02-19-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 331054)
Well since your truck is under warranty why not demand they fix the problems instead of pawning them off on someone else?

If you cant get anywhere with the dealership call ford directly and ask to speak with the customer relations people.

did that customer service sucks, ford doesnt really care as far as me pawning it off its still has a 36000 mile warranty
Regards,
Dewking

STL 02-19-2011 06:51 AM

I know ford dont care if you pawn the problems off on someone else.

Im just saying try calling Ford and telling them what is wrong. You can also ask to speak with the dealership manager and tell them them what is wrong and you want it fixed.

dewking 02-19-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 331083)
I know ford dont care if you pawn the problems off on someone else.

Im just saying try calling Ford and telling them what is wrong. You can also ask to speak with the dealership manager and tell them them what is wrong and you want it fixed.

done deal I love my new frontier

DiabloBlanco 02-19-2011 11:44 AM

Ranger>Fronteir>Tacoma

in that order. Frontier isnt a BAD choice but it is the lesser of two evils. eg. Nissan and Toyota

also, BUY AMERICAN.