Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Exterior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/)
-   -   Rear door wont open (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/26632-rear-door-wont.html)

99ranger1961 02-14-2011 09:23 PM

Rear door wont open

Hello All
anyone have this problem, (and hopefully a solution )
I have a 99ranger 4 door ext cab. rear door on passenger side
wont open. The handle feels normal , but nothing happens. Even if you pull a little on the door at the same time,nothing. The driver side opens, but it sticks real bad at the top, and you have to pull hard when opening. Any easy fixes, or should I just not use the back doors?
thanks

hammy499 03-20-2011 11:16 AM

Re: Rear door wont open

ya i have the same problem on my 06,

darkstar_420 03-20-2011 11:29 AM

did you try spraying some lub in there?

01_ranger_4x4 03-20-2011 01:21 PM

if spraying lube in the latches doesnt help the linkage from the handle may be damaged. the handle may feel normal when you pull on it but that doesnt mean anything.

99offroadrngr 03-20-2011 02:11 PM

the truck i just got, both doors were impossible to open until i started pulling on it with my entire body weight and went flying back when i got them open lol. I grinded the latch down with a flap disc, painted it black and lubed the latches. They've been great the past couple of days.

hammy499 03-21-2011 11:59 AM

ya i think my cable broke to the bottom latch, I haven't looked to see if i can remove the door panel with the door shut.

Dabiscuit 03-21-2011 12:12 PM

Mine wouldnt open a couple weeks ago either..... Might have been cause i rolled it lol. They work fine now though. They are really simple to pull apart and check. Sounds like they might not be lined up right to.

Tsevg9 03-21-2011 12:34 PM

So what I'm hearing is that you are getting denied any "rear door" entry???
Sounds like a personal problem... Giggity Giggity.

Radness 03-22-2011 10:42 PM

For a while, mine (2002) was stuck, and took some force to open. THEN, even when it is closed, the Door Forced Open light is lit. And I can't secure it completely with the key fob. Trying to figure out the issue without taking it into get fixed.

speedcityrocker 03-29-2011 05:08 PM

Had that problem on a 2001 I picked up a month ago. Both back doors frozen closed, bottom latches only. Man were they tight. A can of PB Blaster sprayed up into the bottom latch from inside and out on both sides and some tugging for an hour got both of them freed up. Lubed them all up and they work great now. I've seen before where the bottom latch hook was rotten away when they hadn't been opened for years. Who does that?

Reservoir Dog 05-05-2011 08:58 AM

I bought a '00 about two weeks ago. I'm having the same problem with my passenger side rear door. I messed with it a bit, tried forcing it open, now I'm having problems with the "door ajar" light coming on. Hopefully I can tear it apart today and fix it.

edgenet 03-31-2013 03:29 PM

Same problem with the passenger rear door. Now that it will not open nor can I take off the door molding to get at the latch

So how do I open the door with-out forcing it and breaking

lone-ranger 03-31-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsevg9 (Post 364380)
So what I'm hearing is that you are getting denied any "rear door" entry???
Sounds like a personal problem... Giggity Giggity.

:congrats: :laugh: