Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Petition to Bring the Global Diesel Ranger to America (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/26456-petition-bring-global-diesel-ranger-america.html)

harshcougar 02-12-2011 05:27 PM

Petition to Bring the Global Diesel Ranger to America

Hi guys, my name is Chris DeMorro and I'm a freelance writer and diehard Ford enthusiast. I write about all kinds of different vehicles, and I'm very well rounded in my vehicular tastes; I'm as enthusiastic about muscle cars as I am about electric vehicles. I also love trucks, and while I was at the Detroit Auto Show Ford showed the press its new global Ranger.

It's got one of two diesel engines, up to 346 ft-lbs of torque, and the smaller diesel engine can get up to 650 miles on a 21 gallon tank. That works out to 30 mpg in an economical small(er) truck.

And Ford isn't bringing it to America, which I quite frankly think is bullshit. I've talked to some people at Ford, and they said to even consider it, the response would have to be "staggering."

Now I don't have to tell you that Ford plans to axe the Ranger and make the F-150 an entry-level truck. But if you're like me, you don't need a full-size truck, and 23 mpg just don't cut it. However, Ford is listening these days now more than it ever has, and I think if there is a chance, however slim, that we can get Ford to bring this diesel Ranger to America, well hell I just want to try.

I started a petition to bring the diesel Ranger to America at one of the websites I write for, Gas 2.0. It's an alternative fuel website, but lest you think I'm just some hippy plugging his work, I also write for powerTV, which focuses mostly on muscle cars. Like I said, I like all kinds of vehicles, and I would buy one of these diesel Rangers in a heartbeat.

But I need your guys help, and I'm going to other Ford truck forums with the same message. So if you're down, help me spread the word, and just leave a comment on the post so I can show Ford that they are making a big mistake by not bringing this truck to America.

edgeman4.0 02-12-2011 05:40 PM

Re: Petition to Bring the Global Diesel Ranger to America

I'll sign it, but i guarantee that it won't happen. It would be too much hassle for ford to get a diesel ranger here. Let alone a global 4 door model. For christsake, chevy, nissan, toyota, dodge, isuzu, mitsubishi and suzuki have all offered 4door midsize trucks for almost a decade.. There is a reason Ford won't get on that bandwagon, why? We'll never fucking know. A man "far smarter" than any of us has the answer, and he's not tellin'.

DHEM 02-12-2011 05:46 PM

The new Ranger is 90% of the F150's size, plus U.S. emissions would most likely make a diesel inefficient. A small truck that was gonna be imported to USA called the Mihandra had a diesel, and was about the Ranger's size, but was only able to achieve 21 MPG. This is most likely the reasoning why Ford axed the 2011 diesel F150 for an Ecoboost F150. Ford has done their tests, if they could they would but sometimes things just wont work. Blame the U.S. Government.

----------

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LiYz3aoiwP...dead_horse.jpg

STL 02-12-2011 05:49 PM

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/gener...light=Petition

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/gener...light=Petition

zx6rrdan 02-13-2011 12:26 AM

I'd love to see them update the Ranger in a Ranger size package but the world Ranger being 90% the size of an F-150 won't have much appeal.

TerrenceStuart 02-13-2011 03:31 AM

why is it all these "is the ranger dead"
"petiton to save the ranger"
"is the ranger really dying" threads are always started by newbs who have no CLUE that the ranger was supposed to die 5 years ago?
Like the poster above shows, QUIT BEATING A DEAD HORSE.

zymmer4 02-13-2011 08:46 AM

why aren't the entire range of "clean diesel cars" being brought into America?? can you say Big Oil? If the 60 MPG diesel VW came here, we would be paying $8.00 per gallon fuel costs in three months..get a life..The Big Oil won't let it happen..They spend more money to lobby Washington Hill than the budget of most of the 3rd world countries..If any American car company bucked that trend, they would be closing down operations in a month.

FireRanger 02-13-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harshcougar (Post 324263)
...so I can show Ford that they are making a big mistake by not bringing this truck to America.

The only thing you would be showing them is that you have no clue what you're talking about. A few hundred internet fanboys are not going to change the global marketing and production plan of Ford Motor Company. That have a lot more at stake and a lot more to consider than your specialty desire.

harshcougar 02-13-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRanger (Post 324813)
The only thing you would be showing them is that you have no clue what you're talking about. A few hundred internet fanboys are not going to change the global marketing and production plan of Ford Motor Company. That have a lot more at stake and a lot more to conciser than your specialty desire.

If you took even ten minutes to do some basic Internet research, you'd see I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

Haters gonna hate. The worst that happens is nothing, which is what will happen anyway. I like this truck. I want this truck. And it pisses me off that Ford is going to sell a vehicle everywhere else in the world except here at a time when fuel prices are steadily creeping upwards.

Don't care? Don't sign it. At least I'm trying.

FireRanger 02-13-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harshcougar (Post 325014)
If you took even ten minutes to do some basic Internet research, you'd see I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

Haters gonna hate. The worst that happens is nothing, which is what will happen anyway. I like this truck. I want this truck. And it pisses me off that Ford is going to sell a vehicle everywhere else in the world except here at a time when fuel prices are steadily creeping upwards.

Don't care? Don't sign it. At least I'm trying.

- I don't care how much "internet research" you've done. You're still wrong and you're still clueless. Ford Motor Company has real research to consider in their global decisions. You must really think highly of yourself if you feel you're so much smarter than they are about themselves.

- I don't hate. And if you want to sound smart, you shouldn't use the word hate to describe anyone who disagrees with you, especially when you're incorrect to begin with. I've never owned anything but a Ranger my whole life. Yes, it is sad. But there's a lot more at play here than you and the fanboys who think its better than sex.

- At least you're trying to do what exactly?? Waste people's time and act like you have a clue what you're talking about? You sound like someone who's mad about a change in World of Warcraft or something.