Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Interior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/)
-   -   OHC questions (again) (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/26184-ohc-questions.html)

redxlt 02-09-2011 11:25 AM

OHC questions (again)

Got my OHC installed yesterday and got it working. Got cold so I quit. There was a gap at the back of the console and I went out to try to fix that today. Before I finished yesterday I checked everything to see if it works . NO map lights. Thought easy fix so today I fixed the gap at the back and started on the map light. I only have 1 wire going to the dome light with the map lights connected they didnt work. So I decided to find another power source. I attached the wires for the map lights to the console power wire. They come on now and stay on. wont turn off with the button. I connected the lighted mirrors to the same wire and they work fine. Everything else is working as its supposed to (I guess) . So Now what do I do to the map lights? Getting colder here so I cleaned up and went inside. I took the bulbs out so they wont stay on when driving. Just not sure what I need to do next. My dome light still works so I am not totally in the dark. But, it would be nice to have the map lights working properly. Any ideas? Thanks

redxlt 02-09-2011 05:17 PM

Re: OHC questions (again)

Help!!!

Clinton 02-09-2011 05:28 PM

Are the wires run correctly or did you run them to the constant 12 v?

STL 02-09-2011 05:35 PM

Did you press the button for the map light to see if it would go off. I know sounds crazy but just checking.

Clinton 02-09-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redxlt (Post 320812)
They come on now and stay on. wont turn off with the button.

Yes...Said right there

redxlt 02-09-2011 06:00 PM

the power wire for the console is to the radio constant power wire. Is this wrong? Guess so.

STL 02-09-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redxlt (Post 321172)
the power wire for the console is to the radio constant power wire. Is this wrong? Guess so.

Should be connected to the radio battery constant 12v+ wire Green/Yellow

Is that what you have?

Clinton 02-09-2011 06:07 PM

Run that wire to your dome wiring

redxlt 02-09-2011 06:25 PM

I dont know . I will have to check tomorrow. I thought I connected it to the ignition hook up on the radio . That way its on when the key is turned on.

----------

I hooked both light wires Green/Orange and the Black /Blue together and then hooked up the power wire to them. I guess thats wrong ? I thought that sense both went to the dome light wire they should have a power wire together. ????

----------

I should disconnect the dome light wire ? I am thinking that will work. I wont be able to have them come on when the door is opened but they will work when I push the button. Is that correct?

Clinton 02-09-2011 06:44 PM

I would try hooking them to you regular dome light in your truck and see if it changes the situation

redxlt 02-09-2011 07:03 PM

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Clinton 02-09-2011 07:26 PM

No problem, I'll be around!