Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   ABS Light On (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/26003-abs-light.html)

amoujaffar 02-07-2011 09:23 AM

ABS Light On

Was trying to get my 2WD ranger out of the driveway for the 3rd time and it was still stuck. I was trying to rock it back and forth and just couldnt get it out. too much snow/ice

None the less, before I gave up, the birght orange ABS light came on.
Should I be worried or will the system reset itself once i get back on normal roads?

EMB1230 02-07-2011 09:34 AM

Re: ABS Light On

Mine has been doing that too, I was told everything is fine, the abs just gets confused, lol.

Clinton 02-07-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoujaffar (Post 318673)
Was trying to get my 2WD ranger out of the driveway for the 3rd time and it was still stuck. I was trying to rock it back and forth and just couldnt get it out. too much snow/ice

None the less, before I gave up, the birght orange ABS light came on.
Should I be worried or will the system reset itself once i get back on normal roads?

Can you list the specs of your truck in a signature?

amoujaffar 02-07-2011 09:41 AM

absolutely

richarddhoward 02-07-2011 09:42 AM

It probably just has to do with gunk getting in the ring that tells the sensor how fast your wheel is turning so that the ABS can tell itself what to do. The snow melts your issue should go away. It will also happen when you take your truck out stumping and cover the SOB in mud, that fouls up the sensors signal and it throws a light.

amoujaffar 02-09-2011 12:04 PM

you guys were right. cleared right up. thanks!

JLAUDIOranger 02-09-2011 12:45 PM

mine used to do that too, except it only had RABS, it would get confused sometimes during braking on ice, rear wheels don't lock up, front wheels locks up, no steering, let off the brake to steer and press brake pedal again the light pops up every time, if anyone has the same setup just shut everything off and start up again, the light will go out most of the time, if you have 4wheel ABS reluctors get full of snow WSP loses track of the wheel speed, no biggy clean everything it should run fine

HazardousRanger 03-31-2011 05:53 PM

i was in the mud for 20 seconds (literally) and it came on after 20 mins of hwy driving should i be worried? (this is a holy thread revival for a answer!)

the battery is unconnected hoping to reset it

richarddhoward 03-31-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazardousranger (Post 375058)
i was in the mud for 20 seconds (literally) and it came on after 20 mins of hwy driving should i be worried? (this is a holy thread revival for a answer!)

It will clear, and it probably has the same issue

doyouquaxu 03-31-2011 05:56 PM

you could have just turned the truck off and then back on, it would reset itself then.

HazardousRanger 03-31-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doyouquaxu (Post 375063)
you could have just turned the truck off and then back on, it would reset itself then.

im not stupid i already did that 4 times

richarddhoward 03-31-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazardousranger (Post 375069)
im not stupid i already did that 4 times

Anger Will Robinson, Anger! We must not pass!

HazardousRanger 03-31-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richarddhoward (Post 375061)
It will clear, and it probably has the same issue

okay thank you sir

HazardousRanger 04-02-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazardousranger (Post 375058)

for future reference/readers: the above problem was a blown fuse. replaced fuse and all is good

HazardousRanger 04-02-2011 03:17 PM

blew again -_-