Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Interior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/)
-   -   Mustang Dome Light in a Single Cab (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/25975-mustang-dome-light-single-cab.html)

HoustonM 02-06-2011 06:32 PM

Mustang Dome Light in a Single Cab

So alot of people have been asking me how a Mustang Dome fit in a standard cab... So here is a pic to describe, There wil be a tiny gap on each side, but its almost literally not un-seeable. So to everyone who was wondering, or may wonder in the future.. Heres a picture.
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1297042174

Dcrymes99ranger 02-06-2011 06:33 PM

Re: Mustang Dome Light in a Single Cab

Thank you Houston. That helps a lot. Answers a few questions I had as well. Your really a stand up guy... I can't wait to get mine. Are the buttons functional or do you use the one on the dash beside the parking lights?

HoustonM 02-06-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcrymes99ranger (Post 318209)
Thank you Houston. That helps a lot. Answers a few questions I had as well. Your really a stand up guy... I can't wait to get mine. Are the buttons functional or do you use the one on the dash beside the parking lights?

Yes all switches funtion. You dont haved to use the switch on the dash.

Dcrymes99ranger 02-06-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonM (Post 318221)
Yes all switches funtion. You dont haved to use the switch on the dash.

So I'm gonna assume you will have to run wires? To make the buttons functional?

05RangerEdge 02-06-2011 07:15 PM

Only functionality problem I see is where the map lights actually shine. Do they work well or are they shining right into the windshield?

HoustonM 02-06-2011 08:41 PM

No its fine. It aims down at the me.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcrymes99ranger (Post 318234)
So I'm gonna assume you will have to run wires? To make the buttons functional?

nope no wires needed to be ran

STL 02-07-2011 02:53 AM

1998-2003 no need to run a wire
2004+ you gotta run a wire.

I will have to look later at my pictures from my 2003. I had the mustang dome light and there was no gap that I recall of.

klinger86 02-07-2011 12:23 PM

in my 98 there is a little gap on each side where the headliner curves back up towards the roof. my map lights aim kinda at the sunvisors. but after dark it gives just enough light towards what ever you may be reading.

TomN 02-07-2011 04:09 PM

They were pointing right at my mirror and it was pissing me off. I have mine flipped the other way. You do have to switch the wires tho. If you just leave it the middle light stays on all the time because its hooked up to the constant switched, and there is no switch so it stays on all the time and the map lights only come on when the door is open, or you flip the slider switch on the dash. The map lights now point at the back of the seats, which is pretty sweet when I'm looking for something back there, and the map lights on the OHC point at the front of the seats so I'm covered very well with light.

Clinton 02-07-2011 05:44 PM

I gotta be honest, I dont like the look with that gap

HoustonM 02-07-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinton (Post 319046)
I gotta be honest, I dont like the look with that gap

You cant tell unless your looking at it, When you get in the top of your head is what is looking at it haha

NewShockerGuy 07-15-2016 01:59 AM

Is there no way to close the gap at all? I just ordered the mustang dome in black and my headliner is black so the gap won't be as visible as this but I can't seem to find anything indicating if people are able to close the gap and or other pictures.

I'll post an update once I get mine next week.

-Nigel

Kealel 07-15-2016 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy (Post 2654505)
Is there no way to close the gap at all? I just ordered the mustang dome in black and my headliner is black so the gap won't be as visible as this but I can't seem to find anything indicating if people are able to close the gap and or other pictures.

I'll post an update once I get mine next week.

-Nigel

The only reason I found mine had a gap (in my reg cab) is to break the tab off the pass. side.... Don't do that, as it isn't worth it... The map lights are pointed at the ceiling

NewShockerGuy 07-15-2016 02:30 AM

Baaaa, that sucks then that they are pointed at the ceiling ;-(

Why do you not recommend breaking the tab on the passenger side if it makes it flush? Or does it...lol?

EDIT: Re-reading, you said yours HAD the gap because you broke the passenger tab off, right?

I have a feeling I am either going to like the mustang dome or it's going to look like ass and I will end up going to the 3 light bubble light (I only had the two light bubble and that was finicky at best).

-Nigel

casey.mikl 07-15-2016 05:51 AM

I have a mustang dome in my 97 single cab. Fits perfect with no gap. Also shines great in the cab. All I did was remove the old dome and install the new one that's it.