Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Ford to KILL ranger (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/25894-ford-kill-ranger.html)

DieselBrad 02-05-2011 11:23 AM

Ford to KILL ranger

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/20/u...-in-2011-ford/

That article is such a load of ####! If i wanted a f150 i would of bought one. I wanted a Ranger, that is why i bought one. They are going to loose a big chunk of change doing that, people will just go buy another brand small truck, I know i will.

"they are so close in size" WTF. how about stop making the F150 and make everyone buy a F250, afterall, they are closer in size than the ranger and F150

And if they would just sell the 3.0 powerstroke in the US they would sell more than the F150 and rangers combined they do now, but they they cant rape you for the exta money the F150 will cost you

Rango88 02-05-2011 11:25 AM

Re: Ford to KILL ranger

Agreed I guess ford is the next one that needs government help. With decisions like this, makes you wonder, what kind of chimps wearing suits do they have over there. I guess the next thing on their agenda is to fling crap at each other ;)

sbristow84 02-05-2011 11:27 AM

I think motor companies should consult with forums before they make any stupid decisions. Obvioulsy everybody that is on this forum has/does/or will own a ranger

FireRanger 02-05-2011 11:28 AM

Uh, actually it's decisions like this that are exactly why Ford doesn't need government bailout money. They recognize that the Ranger has reached the end of it's lifespan. They recognize it isn't going to bring in the financial earnings that it needs to. And they recognize therefore that it is time to go. Just like other models that have been removed from production. It's called operating a responsible and intelligent business. You and the internet forum fans make up about .0001% of their market. They know a lot more than anyone here does about this.

Rango88 02-05-2011 11:33 AM

Hey maybe they want to invest in great projects such as these:

http://www.tocmp.com/pix/Ford/pages/...0Pinto_jpg.htm
http://www.wired.com/science/discove...dayintech_0904
http://www.thecarconnection.com/imag...ord-mustang-ii
http://www.beasleyallen.com/news/The...-Tire-Debacle/

What do you guys think. Keep the Ranger or invest in similar projects as these :(

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRanger (Post 317170)
Uh, actually it's decisions like this that are exactly why Ford doesn't need government bailout money. They recognize that the Ranger has reached the end of it's lifespan. They recognize it isn't going to bring in the financial earnings that it needs to. And they recognize therefore that it is time to go. Just like other models that have been removed from production. It's called operating a responsible and intelligent business. You and the internet forum fans make up about .0001% of their market. They know a lot more than anyone here does about this.

Wow, the Ranger is one of the top selling Trucks out there, they;ve made the same parts for almost 20 years and its low maintenance. Ford must make a shitload of money off of every Ranger that rolls of a lot, how is killing it a smart idea?

DieselBrad 02-05-2011 11:35 AM

All they have to do is revamp the ranger a lil. I dont know sales figures but i'm sure the ranger outsells the chevy equivalent. and cant be too far behind toyota if any.

ADD A F'N DIESEL ALREADY

Rango88 02-05-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselBrad (Post 317173)
All they have to do is revamp the ranger a lil. I dont know sales figures but i'm sure the ranger outsells the chevy equivalent. and cant be too far behind toyota if any.

ADD A F'N DIESEL ALREADY

This might help:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/05...pril-2010.html

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/otf0999.html

scarbucket 02-05-2011 11:42 AM

well this is a buch of bull sh** I guess ford just lost a customer next truck i will go to will be back to the dodge dakota sorry ford but if your gonna pull this after i tried and liked your truck it shows you really dont care about your customers after all!

FireRanger 02-05-2011 11:43 AM

I'm pretty sure their marketing and sales analysts know a little more about the Ranger's sales trends and future predictions than any of you do. You're biased because you love your truck. You don't actually know anything, you're just making up rash figures to support the truck you love. They're not. They can look at the big picture and make fact based decisions.

AND, they also have to consider the sales trends of all their other products and how it all relates. AND they have to consider how future new models will play out and how current models will effect that.

There is a lot more to running a massive corporation than what the internet fanboys think unfortunately. If they lose a few hundred customers from FRF, it is meaningless to them. They have millions of other customers.

Rango88 02-05-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRanger (Post 317179)
I'm pretty sure their marketing and sales analysts know a little more about the Ranger's sales trends and future predictions than any of you do. You're biased because you love your truck. You don't actually know anything, you're just making up rash figures to support the truck you love. They're not. They can look at the big picture and make fact based decisions.

AND, they also have to consider the sales trends of all their other products and how it all relates. AND they have to consider how future new models will play out and how current models will effect that.

There is a lot more to running a massive corporation than what the internet fanboys think unfortunately. If they lose a few hundred customers from FRF, it is meaningless to them. They have millions of other customers.

I am not going to hold your previous comment to heart like some people would ;) time will tell....

DieselBrad 02-05-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRanger (Post 317179)

Crowd88 listed the sales figures. 54,000 trucks last years is pretty good sales numbers to me. And to top it all off, it is from an old platform with very minimal updates. (no updates= no money spent) no money spent = more proffit. Doesnt take a rocket scientest to figure that out

I think they just want to add those ranger number to the Fseries line to keep the best selling truck. Afterall, the silverado is not far behind

Fordzilla80 02-05-2011 12:27 PM

Most of the dealers have been instructed to persuade buyers into F150s. It's not the dealer's fault, it's not even Ford's fault. The fault lies in the egos of Americans. The bigger the truck, the better according to what seems to be the trend. And unfortunately, there are more Americans who could care less about vehicles than those who truly care about them. For every die hard Ranger fan, there are about 100 dimwitted individuals who will hear the salesman say "The F150 is better", and make that the selling point. If more people did their research, and actually thought outside the box, then Ford nor any other car maker would be enjoying the sales numbers they have today. The car market runs on a niche system, and most of the car makers always have that niche system down pat. You want to make a difference? Start buying used Rangers, throw new parts at them, and make them last another 10 years. If more people see Rangers around, they'll think "Wow, those Rangers sure are long lasting trucks, I want one."

Rango88 02-05-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselBrad (Post 317189)
Crowd88 listed the sales figures. 54,000 trucks last years is pretty good sales numbers to me. And to top it all off, it is from an old platform with very minimal updates. (no updates= no money spent) no money spent = more proffit. Doesnt take a rocket scientest to figure that out

I think they just want to add those ranger number to the Fseries line to keep the best selling truck. Afterall, the silverado is not far behind

Well thank you bud, I thought I had done enough research but I guess Fireranger seems to disagree ;) (this is not a call out, I am not at all bitter about this, I am merely chuckling lol) The ranger did out sold the Gm counterpart and both Nissan Trucks as well as the suzuki equator (frontier clone) I imagine and I'd like to believe that it outsold Ridgeline as well, Who would spend $40,000 on a truck that has and indentity crisis lol. its kind of like the hermaphrodite of trucks :D

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 (Post 317191)
Most of the dealers have been instructed to persuade buyers into F150s. It's not the dealer's fault, it's not even Ford's fault. The fault lies in the egos of Americans. The bigger the truck, the better according to what seems to be the trend. And unfortunately, there are more Americans who could care less about vehicles than those who truly care about them. For every die hard Ranger fan, there are about 100 dimwitted individuals who will hear the salesman say "The F150 is better", and make that the selling point. If more people did their research, and actually thought outside the box, then Ford nor any other car maker would be enjoying the sales numbers they have today. The car market runs on a niche system, and most of the car makers always have that niche system down pat. You want to make a difference? Start buying used Rangers, throw new parts at them, and make them last another 10 years. If more people see Rangers around, they'll think "Wow, those Rangers sure are long lasting trucks, I want one."

Friggin' A-M-E-N! ;)

sgtsandman 02-05-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowd88 (Post 317171)

This particular one was just a nasty divorce between Firestone and Ford. Many SUVs during that time frame from other manufacturers had 26 psi in their tires and used Firestone and Bridgestone tires. My CR-V is one of them. Of course, I don't run my tires ar 26 psi but for other reasons like uneven tread wear and fuel mileage.

FireRanger 02-05-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowd88 (Post 317195)
Well thank you bud, I thought I had done enough research but I guess Fireranger seems to disagree ;) (this is not a call out, I am not at all bitter about this, I am merely chuckling lol) The ranger did out sold the Gm counterpart and both Nissan Trucks as well as the suzuki equator (frontier clone) I imagine and I'd like to believe that it outsold Ridgeline as well, Who would spend $40,000 on a truck that has and indentity crisis lol. its kind of like the hermaphrodite of trucks :D

I'd love for you to explain to me how you've done more research and know more about Ford than Ford does. :confused: You're obviously wrong. If the truck was as profitable (now and in the future) as you allege, they wouldn't be canceling it, now would they. You're going to have to come to terms with reality at some point.