Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Made my first recovery tonight! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/25681-recovery-tonight.html)

02maz 02-01-2011 10:18 PM

Made my first recovery tonight!

I finally got to use the new tow strap I got for Christmas tonight! Pulled some little foreign car out of a store entrance that was plowed shut. I don't know what this guy was thinking trying to drive through two feet of snow but he was stuck pretty bad. I drove right past him and then backed up to him. Luckily he had tow hooks and we hooked up and after alot of spinning I got him out. First time I ever got to tow someone with my truck. It felt pretty good.

Helped three other people push cars through some snow drifts; they didn't have tow hook or else I would have pulled them out too. It felt pretty good to help out.

I drove around for 2 hours looking for stuck cars, hardly anyone on the road but I still saw 4 other rangers.

ben10 02-01-2011 10:21 PM

Re: Made my first recovery tonight!

nice! good job, now you can enter heaven lol

Rango88 02-01-2011 10:24 PM

I Know what you mean, I had to help out a lady that was stuck in a wal-mart parking lot. Get this, he cavalier had summer performance tires on. Geez, i should have just let her stay stuck there since she is a hazzard on the road with those tires

WyldeChild 02-01-2011 11:10 PM

Always a good feeling when you pull someone out.

Last year we had a billzard here and I spent all night in my Bronco pulling people up hills and out of ditches. Only had one casualty. A mid 2000's V6 Mustang that insisted on me pulling them out even though I told them they didn't have the tow strap securely strapped to their vehicle. After about a 15 seconds of spinning tires, I ripped the front bumper off. I stopped, threw my strap into the back of my truck, and told the guy "I told you so." Then I drove off.

Clinton 02-02-2011 12:06 AM

How much did ya charge?

WearyTraveler 02-02-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinton (Post 314029)
How much did ya charge?

I hope nothing!

Helping people out should never cost anything.

geezmo2001 02-02-2011 07:44 AM

I'd have had to charge the Mustang driver, just for being dumb.

FordDude1991 02-02-2011 07:52 AM

with a 351 i'd be charging... thats what about 9mpg? lol

02maz 02-02-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

How much did ya charge?

I didn't charge anything

Just got the satisfaction of helping them out, and turning around and driving right back through where they got stuck lol

It was a little hard on my tires though

Dcrymes99ranger 02-02-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

How much did ya charge?

Fail!!! It's better to give than to receive.

DiabloBlanco 02-02-2011 10:54 AM

Clinton is a taker. lol

But anyways good job man!

TerrenceStuart 02-02-2011 04:50 PM

clinton would have asked for money, then ticketed them for reckless driving

racsan 02-02-2011 06:54 PM

last winter i had to pull myself out, went into town to fuel up the taurus, on the way home i hit a drift with the r.f. corner of the car, got sideways and ended up in the ditch. my wife doesnt drive a std. so i had to walk home about a mile and get my ranger to pull it out with. glad i got it out before any state highway patrol drove by. hope the blazer she has now doesnt find a ditch, its about 2,000 pounds heavier, and 1,000 pounds more than the ranger is.