Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Interior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/)
-   -   Got a leaf or something in the heater-core (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/25490-leaf-heater-core.html)

DHEM 01-30-2011 04:15 PM

Got a leaf or something in the heater-core

yeah i notice that particular sound of something in a fan, Im wondering is if there is any way to fish it out easily? Or will I need to pull it out?
Thanks in advance.

Bird76Mojo 01-30-2011 04:58 PM

Re: Got a leaf or something in the heater-core

From what I understand, you'd have to remove your blower motor to get at it. At least I think that's the only way..

I've always just lived with it until the leaf eventually gets chopped up and spit out. Just takes some time..

GB :)

DHEM 01-30-2011 05:07 PM

Alright, i'd rather not want to pull the dash anyway, although that would give me an good opportunity to get my dash painted black.

2003fordranger 01-30-2011 07:07 PM

from what i remember the blower is on the fire wall.its only like four bolts and a electrical plug and its out,its a very easy job to do,i also had gotten a leaf in the blower before

01DangerRanger 01-30-2011 07:12 PM

hahah same thing happened to me, iwhen ever i turn it on vent or ac what ever its has the leaf in there and i had leaf peices flying out :D

drppdyllwrngr 01-30-2011 07:43 PM

shouldn't have to pull the dash. as said before, blower is under the hood.

DHEM 01-31-2011 12:46 PM

ahh ok

Fordzilla80 01-31-2011 01:12 PM

Geez has this happened to everybody on here?lol. My leaf got chopped up a few weeks ago.

DiabloBlanco 01-31-2011 01:15 PM

Holy cow this happened to my explorer lol

ben10 01-31-2011 01:20 PM

its after fall, sounda about the right timing, seeing as it got in there and has been in there for a few months now, and he kept hoping it would go away, 2 months later he cant take it anymore and posts on here before he goes nuts.

Alon 01-31-2011 01:36 PM

I had a fan in the blower and just had to pull the glove compartment down and then i was able to reach in there.

DHEM 01-31-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben10 (Post 312221)
its after fall, sounda about the right timing, seeing as it got in there and has been in there for a few months now, and he kept hoping it would go away, 2 months later he cant take it anymore and posts on here before he goes nuts.

nope just started making a noise.

TenSilver 02-01-2011 06:11 AM

My 2001 did this. I could turn the blower to max and the leaf would finally move or be blown out of the way of the fan. I had to do this a few months before it went away.