Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   3.0 Vulcan Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/)
-   -   Which plugs and wires are you running. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/25344-plugs-wires-running.html)

GaAppraiser 01-28-2011 12:52 PM

Which plugs and wires are you running.

I am about replace mine and was wondering what everyone is running and how happy they are with them.

pooleo 01-28-2011 01:05 PM

Re: Which plugs and wires are you running.

90% of guys on here will say to run motorcraft. I run the bosch platinums just because. Probably because of marketing :D

I changed my plugs on my expedition not to long ago, it had platinum motorcraft plugs, original to my knowledge with 170k. They looked like brand new, gap was a little big from being old. I replaced with the bosch platinums because they had a 1.99 rebate per plug. I have noticed zero difference between the bosch and motorcraft. As long as you buy a good quality plug you will be fine.

mcpink 01-28-2011 01:25 PM

I run Motorcraft. The ones I pulled when I changed them were the originals. They were still firing pretty well considering the gap was huge. Something around 0.70.

SteveKing84 01-28-2011 02:14 PM

This has been answered dozens of times, and even in a very recent thread. Run motorcraft or autolites.

STL 01-28-2011 02:22 PM

I run motorcraft.
I had Bosh plugs and they only lasted a few thousand miles

Dixie_Boysles had one blow out of his cylinder head.

pooleo 01-28-2011 02:56 PM

I will add, my dad had an autolite plug that the electrode cracked and compression was coming thru the plug. I know that was fords brand and I dont know if there are manufacturing changes since they started making motorcraft.

A freak accurance I would imagine tho, I never heard or seen anything like that before!

dj224ranger 01-28-2011 10:41 PM

i about to do this also has anyone tried the E3 plugs with that diamond fire technology ......i dont wanna hear abunch of BS just wanna know if anyone has heard or used them and ant problems or pluses does it really improve mileage?

Skylark65 01-29-2011 06:26 AM

i used those e3 plugs with a set of taylor thundervolt 8.2 wires that i bought from summit racing. truck ran great for a while, seemed to help milage a little bit.... but now after 4,000 miles i got a code for the ignition coil being bad, and the truck runs like it's on 5 cylinders when it's in gear. i don't think the plugs or wires are at fault but i can't reccomend buying them 'till i check and know for sure that it's the coil.

dj224ranger 01-29-2011 05:40 PM

ok thanks man please let me know