Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Lets talk worst... mods, bad mods, regret mods, not worth the money.... (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/25142-talk-worst-mods-bad-mods-regret-mods-worth-money.html)

2010 01-25-2011 05:53 PM

Lets talk worst... mods, bad mods, regret mods, not worth the money....

Lets talk worst... mods, bad mods, regret mods, not worth the money....

me I have a 2010, none so far.

STL 01-25-2011 05:54 PM

Re: Lets talk worst... mods, bad mods, regret mods, not worth the money....

Didnt you already start one like this before? I believe it was deleted for some reason.

2004xlmiller 01-25-2011 05:58 PM

i regret nothing. my truck is simply awesome. hahah.

pooleo 01-25-2011 06:00 PM

kinda regretting the white cluster mod I did, I should have exp. on the old black non-tach that came out of my dads truck...:(

But! I think Im gonna work on it some more :)

2010 01-25-2011 06:05 PM

yeahh but i guess it hurt someone's feelings. Come one people don't be shy we've all done it at one time... so far in my 2010 since I just got it, none so far.

edgeman4.0 01-25-2011 06:08 PM

Mod that wasnt worth it.... hmmm....... there are a few that i dont particularly care for anymore, but most people would still like to have them. luckily i'm re-doing alot of things this spring that will make them available for others to purchase.lol

Fordzilla80 01-25-2011 06:11 PM

I regret NOTHING!

lol, I don't regret anything i've done to the Ranger.

However in the F100 I wanted to go for a custom look so I painted the gauges white. Then, not even two months later, I realized I hated white gauges in that truck, and wanted the factory black again. Luckily I found a parts truck with the black interior I wanted, and I grabbed the gauge cluster and swapped it in my truck and got my factory color gauges again.

TomN 01-25-2011 06:12 PM

I regret how i mounted the large ford emblem on my tailgate, and where. I wanted to go for the new style with the big emblem in the center so i got a large one from an 80's pedo-van, and glued it to my tailgate. I put it up to high and now its pretty much stuck there. Out of place and it botheres the shit outta me. im thinking off getting one of the 2011 super duty emblems (the one the size of a foot ball) and trying to see if i can lower it and still cover the old holes i drilled for the mounting tabs.

Clinton 01-25-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 306448)
Mod that wasnt worth it.... hmmm....... there are a few that i dont particularly care for anymore, but most people would still like to have them. luckily i'm re-doing alot of things this spring that will make them available for others to purchase.lol

I got first dibs!

azgilamonster 01-25-2011 06:16 PM

I don't regret anything I have done to it but the OHC from the windstar looked sweet too. I just might have went that route

darkstar_420 01-25-2011 06:17 PM

my truck is pretty well perfect, no regrets

01_ranger_4x4 01-25-2011 06:19 PM

the only mod i really regret buying was the Jet performance chip that i bought before i had my tuner. waste of money and no improvement in anything. plus is required the use of premium fuel so it cost alot to drive.

dixie_boysles 01-25-2011 08:25 PM

Hmmm the only regret I uave right jow is gettin polished aluminum wheels. I kinda wish I had gotten American Outlaw Buckshots so idont have to polish anything. Polished aluminum is a major pain in my ass. Looks oh so good when clean and polished but very hard to keep that way in the winter at least

Clinton 01-25-2011 08:27 PM

Aftermarket fender flares......right Scotty?!

Ranger Sport 01-25-2011 08:34 PM

OEM steps, i'm still debating on taking them off, i don't trust them.

Let's just say they ripped me off good.