Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   I finally did it (Don't laugh too hard)... (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/24954-finally-dont-laugh-hard.html)

ShoalsRanger 01-22-2011 08:34 PM

I finally did it (Don't laugh too hard)...

Keep in mind, I barely knew how to put gas in my vehicles up until about a year ago. I am a "business suit" kinda guy, a city boy, and very clean cut.

With that being said...for the first time ever...today....I changed my own oil.

Without getting all emotional...you guys here have inspired me to do many things to my truck, and most of those things I have done myself...with the help of members of this forum and how to submissions.

I'm pretty computer savvy, and I'm good with colors, detailing, and other things with vehicles, but I have always shy-ed away from actual mechanical things.

So, now that my balls have dropped...I'm going to replace my fuel filter tomorrow. After that, I may build a time machine out of my Ranger...I just can't seem to find a flux capacitor on Ebay.

Make jokes if you want. But, damn...it feels good to do something as simple as changing your own oil.

Ok....let the hazing begin....

:D

02maz 01-22-2011 08:37 PM

Re: I finally did it (Don't laugh too hard)...

Congrats! always feels pretty good to do your own work on your truck

STL 01-22-2011 08:38 PM

Good deal.
Not only did you save yourself money but you became more independent.

ShoalsRanger 01-22-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 303536)
Good deal.
Not only did you save yourself money but you became more independent.

It does feel very liberating. No longer am I at the mercy of Express Oil Change's business hours! hehe

FX4OR 01-22-2011 08:40 PM

nice man!
sure beats paying some monkey to do it wrong!

Rango88 01-22-2011 08:40 PM

Theres nothing wrong with finding pride in changing your oil for the first time. theres a first for everything, like driving the stick, changing oil, changing tires, it comes with time and at least youre learning it now then later. I am sure there are a lot of guys/girls (Yet to see any on this forum) that cna help you with the mecanical aspects of your truck. Ask away.

Rangerman88 01-22-2011 08:42 PM

No hazing to be given... U did it!..
Feels dam good.. Doesn't it?

ShoalsRanger 01-22-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerman88 (Post 303543)
No hazing to be given... U did it!..
Feels dam good.. Doesn't it?

You damn right. Only thing missing was a couple of friends and a case of beer. :)

Ranger Sport 01-22-2011 08:45 PM

Nah, wouldn't laugh at anyone for that.

It's cool that you want to know more about servicing your truck.

Haven't done one yet, mostly because of the combination of it's not expensive enough, i can go to the express lane at ford's, and i don't have the space at home to do it lol.

ShoalsRanger 01-22-2011 08:54 PM

Oh, and I was proud of myself for not getting any oil on the driveway. My truck sits up high enough for me to just get under it. But man, getting to the filter on my 3.0 was a b*tch. Had to go through the top...I'm 6'3" so I have long arms which helped.

After that, I changed the oil on my brothers 2007 2.3 4cyl. It was easy....the filter was right there at the bottom...I could have done it blindfolded.

Clinton 01-22-2011 08:56 PM

Sniff..snifff... Our boy is growing up!

ShoalsRanger 01-22-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinton (Post 303554)
Sniff..snifff... Our boy is growing up!

Thanks Master Jedi. You're my hero Clinton. :D Maybe one day I'll grow up and know as much as you. Hehe

TerrenceStuart 01-22-2011 09:03 PM

congrats on being self sufficient!

Clinton 01-22-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoalsRanger (Post 303557)
Thanks Master Jedi. You're my hero Clinton. :D Maybe one day I'll grow up and know as much as you. Hehe

Other people would disagree, but thanks man!!

Rango88 01-22-2011 09:19 PM

Who here would doubt Clinton's knowledge. I have been a member of frf for a short period of time but all the threads that Clinton has answered seemed very ressourceful. Chuck Norris has got nothing on you when it comes to rangers.