Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Drivetrain Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/drivetrain-tech/)
-   -   well lucky me... AGAIN!! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/drivetrain-tech/24848-lucky.html)

Ranger_EDGE 01-20-2011 06:15 PM

well lucky me... AGAIN!!

well i just had my clutch and slave cylinder replaced like back in september or october i believe it was.. well lately i've noticed i have been leaking dot 5 brake fluid aka clutch fluid. And so i took it back today and guess what i need another new slave cylinder. But the part that i'm happy about is the one year warranty :D so i get a new clutch a new slave all for free. But the part that irritate's me that my tranny has been dropped 3 times in the past 6 months. First 1 was because i needed a new slave so i just went on a threw in a new clutch and a new main rear seal. second and third time was he couldn't figure out how to but the main rear seal on so it leaked oil a lot and it got all over then new clutch's. So in the last less then 6 months i have had 3 new clutches put in with 3 new main rear seal's. And now it looks like i'm getting another new clutch and a new slave. But hey at least its free..................... again lol well i vented sorry you had to hear me whine.

DiabloBlanco 01-20-2011 06:16 PM

Re: well lucky me... AGAIN!!

hahah well like you said. At least it is free!

mazdab2300 01-20-2011 06:19 PM

i wish my clutch and parts were free. lol but no ive gotta pay for all of it

Ranger_EDGE 01-20-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazdab2300 (Post 301978)
i wish my clutch and parts were free. lol but no ive gotta pay for all of it

i did pay for it $900.00 big ones the first time. After all the others its been free thank god!!

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco (Post 301972)
hahah well like you said. At least it is free!

Well said hahaha

mazdab2300 01-20-2011 06:22 PM

ya for them to fix mine it was gonna be 800.

Ranger_EDGE 01-20-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazdab2300 (Post 301988)
ya for them to fix mine it was gonna be 800.

sounds about right. Mine was 8 something close to $900.00. You haven't done it yet?

Fordzilla80 01-20-2011 06:49 PM

If your mechanic can't replace a part within tree tries, it's time to find another mechanic. Why did your slave fail this time? Faulty part, or faulty installation?

Ranger_EDGE 01-20-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 (Post 302013)
If your mechanic can't replace a part within tree tries, it's time to find another mechanic. Why did your slave fail this time? Faulty part, or faulty installation?

Yea i know i do its not him though its his stupid ass mechanics he has working there. And i won't know what is really the problem until tuesday when the tran's gets dropped and he inspects it. Its leaking from the front of the bell housing so its only on part in the trans. Slave. And it has to be all over the clutch because its been slipping a lot lately. I thought it was me but i know i don't drive like a rookie who slips his clutch.

Clinton 01-20-2011 11:14 PM

Good move on the warranty man! Free is a good thing this time. Good luck man!

S13minus1 01-21-2011 12:33 AM

how hard is it to install a rwd trans? LOL

Ranger_EDGE 01-21-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinton (Post 302262)
Good move on the warranty man! Free is a good thing this time. Good luck man!

thanks man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by S13minus1 (Post 302293)
how hard is it to install a rwd trans? LOL

the tran's not what the problem was it was the main rear seal. He taped it in. And your so posed to have a press press it in. So after the second try he had a guy who rebuilds engine come out and install it lol After that never leaks oil anymore.