Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   instead of 5w-30..... (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/23646-instead-5w-30-a.html)

FX4 Mike 01-03-2011 02:47 PM

instead of 5w-30.....

how long would an engine last with (blank) insted of motor oil

isopropal alcohol
water (seen 30 mins for a civic)
kerosene
diesel
washinh machine detergent
no oil at all (seen two months for a concord)

just for fun how long do you think it would last?

DiabloBlanco 01-03-2011 02:48 PM

Re: insted of 5w-30.....

not very long...

FX4 Mike 01-03-2011 03:13 PM

dumb people will do the dumbest things, and that's a fact! and the op was based on a discussion at work about what people would do because of ignorence or shear stupidity. (dont mind my poor spelling)

some people accidently fill up there prius with diesel (mistake) or poor dish soap in the oil to clense it (stupidity)

TurdFX4 01-03-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FX4 Mike (Post 284836)
how long would an engine last with (blank) insted of motor oil

isopropal alcohol
water (seen 30 mins for a civic)
kerosene
diesel
washinh machine detergent
no oil at all (seen two months for a concord)

just for fun how long do you think it would last?

See this thread:
http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-...-this-car.html

DiabloBlanco 01-03-2011 03:20 PM

My god, that dude is in need of a cat scan....

TomN 01-03-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdfx4 (Post 284875)

lmao. stupid people amuse me.

Skylark65 01-03-2011 03:43 PM

i rember a friend of a freind who had an old chevy pickup that had like 200k miles and burned oil really bad, to the point where at the gas station he would have to fill the oil and check the gas :D then he had the bright idea that, if regular thickness of oil burned off so quick that mabe something "thicker" would last longer.... so he started dumping used gear oil into the engine, because he found a drum of it dumped in the woods. of course it still burned the gear oil off, it just smelled terrable. suprisingly though the truck lasted untill he got something else ( about 2 months later) then it became a woods truck, still burning its used gear oil, untill it litteraly fell in half about 3 months ago!

FX4 Mike 01-03-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylark65 (Post 284900)
i rember a friend of a freind who had an old chevy pickup that had like 200k miles and burned oil really bad, to the point where at the gas station he would have to fill the oil and check the gas :D then he had the bright idea that, if regular thickness of oil burned off so quick that mabe something "thicker" would last longer.... so he started dumping used gear oil into the engine, because he found a drum of it dumped in the woods. of course it still burned the gear oil off, it just smelled terrable. suprisingly though the truck lasted untill he got something else ( about 2 months later) then it became a woods truck, still burning its used gear oil, untill it litteraly fell in half about 3 months ago!

nice! really proves that trucks are built well lol... wonder how long a civic or cav would last on gear oil friggan 90 weight lol

DiabloBlanco 01-03-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylark65 (Post 284900)

Now thatsa truck!

Skylark65 01-03-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FX4 Mike (Post 284903)
nice! really proves that trucks are built well lol... wonder how long a civic or cav would last on gear oil friggan 90 weight lol

plus all those misc. chunks & other goodies that were in it :D

dcarrill 01-04-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurdFX4 (Post 284875)

come on somebody would seriously do this

TurdFX4 01-04-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrill (Post 286109)
come on somebody would seriously do this

It appears legit. I never read through the whole thread though, Im not going to sit there and read through 25 pages lol