Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Why didn't anyone chain up? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/23581-didnt-chain.html)

Ranger Kid 01-02-2011 05:14 PM

Why didn't anyone chain up?
 

DiabloBlanco 01-02-2011 05:15 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
Because people are dumb.

ZWilson07 01-02-2011 05:17 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
I loved as soon as it started the 4x4 chevy is just sliding down with his brakes locked??? I realize its ice but ill be damned if im going out like that, my ass is going to turn on 4x4 which from the looks of it should have already been engadged and me laying on that bitch lol trying to do all I can to get the tires to atleast grip a tad to slow down or stop.

01_ranger_4x4 01-02-2011 05:17 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
chains arent legal to use everywhere. they are illegal on Michigan roads.

DiabloBlanco 01-02-2011 05:20 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZWilson07 (Post 283683)
I loved as soon as it started the 4x4 chevy is just sliding down with his brakes locked??? I realize its ice but ill be damned if im going out like that, my ass is going to turn on 4x4 which from the looks of it should have already been engadged and me laying on that bitch lol trying to do all I can to get the tires to atleast grip a tad to slow down or stop.

x2 I dont understand why NO ONE did this!

Clinton 01-02-2011 05:21 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
There are some places where people think the snow and ice melt in a couple hours and think they can drive in it and be ok. Basically lack of common sense or inexperience in driving in that type of weather. Many variables as to why, but it happens

TerrenceStuart 01-02-2011 05:35 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
chains are illegal in minnesota and a lot of other states. also, chains and 4x4 won't do shit on ice.

FX4 Mike 01-02-2011 05:37 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
that's epic.... though how do you stop people from going down or up the hill? stand in front of the road and risk your life from a sliding vehicle i think not.

I would of laid down flares at the top and bottom if anyone had any or wait for a patrol car, though cops aren't gonna drive around in that weather so it's just stupid people that are going to screw themselves.

so best thing was to record in my opinion lol

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by machine090767 (Post 283707)
chains are illegal in minnesota and a lot of other states. also, chains and 4x4 won't do shit on ice.

studded tires would be the best bet, they are legal in NY seasonally but idk in minnesota.

pooleo 01-02-2011 05:38 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
where did this take place, somewhere the people are not familar with these kind of conditions...? In any event, the last thing you want to do is stop the tires from moving, you need to have them guys turning for any chance at all! Even that guy with the superduty just locked em up and slid down. I would have made dam sure to I had the pedal down!

mransr 01-02-2011 05:43 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
back in the late 70's on I lived on that street...we used to stand in the yard and watch people slide down that hill back then too


it's Carefree Circle in Colorado Springs

azgilamonster 01-02-2011 05:43 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
loved it, thats why to me it's funny that people KNOW it's slick and ICE you are not going to control it but think they need to get out and play in it

and it looks like a CO. plate thye should know better.HAHA

FX4 Mike 01-02-2011 05:45 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleo (Post 283713)
where did this take place, somewhere the people are not familar with these kind of conditions...? In any event, the last thing you want to do is stop the tires from moving, you need to have them guys turning for any chance at all! Even that guy with the superduty just locked em up and slid down. I would have made dam sure to I had the pedal down!

colorado springs, says in the videos description on youtube

terryduanemiller 01-02-2011 05:53 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enVkYaJZ0Dg[/YT]

TurdFX4 01-02-2011 05:54 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 

bugz1racing 01-02-2011 06:36 PM

Re: Why didn't anyone chain up?
 
All I can say is wow.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 AM.