Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Engine & Drivetrain Parts (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/engine-and-drivetrain-parts/)
-   -   Guaging interest: Snow Plow Mount 98ish + (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/engine-and-drivetrain-parts/22279-guaging-snow-plow-mount-98ish.html)

02'4.04x4 12-13-2010 03:03 PM

Guaging interest: Snow Plow Mount 98ish +

Hi, I have been working for some time now to get everything together to mount a Western 6'6" plow on my truck and I am about to pull the trigger on having a custom Unimount receiver fabbed for my 02' 4x4, I do not know if the 4x2's frame is the same that's something those with them should find out if they are interested.

Right now it's still in the "I need" phase but will be started by the end of the week. It's looking like my outright price will be between $500-600 area. We havent discussed the details of a quantity discount yet as I wanted to see if anyone was even interested. I will gladly share any of the knowledge I have gained with any and all and I will be doing a write up on it(pending time avail.) To help some poor soul not get carpal tonnel? researching it.

I talked it over with the guy doing the fabbing to see if he would be willing to make a few mounts if some people on here were interested. The guy doing the work retired from Knadehaide(i_no) and now has his own shop, he still does all their custom work but he gets paid alot better. From all the info I have pieced together from "others" with plows including a 96' 4x2 with a 6'6" Boss V-plow and the internet. I have determined that unless you plan on "trailing" with the plow on your truck should not have any issues.

(Consult your doctor to be sure your truck is ready to plow, those with dragging exhaust and leaking rear ends should not take Plowator, as some studies have found one or two super mild definately serious side effects including but not limited to; Dodgitis(Motor failure), Toyotitis(brake failure), Chevitis(Inability to get an erexion)

Plowator keeping the pastures consistantly plowed like they should be!

02'4.04x4 12-18-2010 08:21 AM

Re: Guaging interest: Snow Plow Mount 98ish +

Bump last chance.

DangerRanger379 12-19-2010 10:40 PM

i like your disclaimer lmao!

02'4.04x4 12-22-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerRanger379 (Post 272953)
i like your disclaimer lmao!

Thanks man.

Well, I leave town tonight for Xmas and the plow will be mounted tomorrow. . .
Oh well I am waiting on the headlight harness anyways and the mount still has to be cleaned up and powdercoated.

WIRangerOwner 06-02-2011 05:29 PM

just checking in - I just posted trying to get some info on fabbing a plow mount for a 97. please see my post in the general discussion forum. Guessing you have the info I am looking for.

Thanks,
Keith

02'4.04x4 06-22-2011 02:37 PM

Hi, I didn't see it in the first few pages. What are you looking for?