Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Raptor on TopGear America (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/22260-raptor-topgear-america.html)

mikesturbo94 12-13-2010 05:23 AM

Raptor on TopGear America

Just incase you didn't know this week on topgear America they showcases the ford raptor. It was epic I say watch it right now it's on the history channel. For 49k you can not only get a raptor you can get a velociraptor by hennessey 475hp just saying you Guys would like it foust drove the shit out of it. And they used the velociraptor 600 for the track test, supercharged with you guessed it 600hp lol

brinker88 12-13-2010 05:38 AM

Re: Raptor on TopGear America

Badass truck at a less than Cadillac price. Ford's onto something here, I believe

Pbav8tor 12-13-2010 06:17 AM

Just watched it On Demand. Awesome, loved the Raptor vs. Halo race! I'm going to see if the local Ford dealer has one/get one so I can test drive it!

mikesturbo94 12-13-2010 06:30 AM

Yeah that race was awsome

schultzkenneth 12-13-2010 06:58 AM

That is one amazing truck. And also the 2nd best episode of Top Gear USA.

lrwfx4 12-13-2010 08:40 AM

They just started to build a crew cab Raptor.

05RangerEdge 12-13-2010 08:41 AM

Damn I want to watch it but its not online yet :(

94xltklingler 12-13-2010 08:46 AM

I seen it too.
I think if it wasnt for the guy spiraling down in his parachute right at the end,foust wouldve won it.
That was the best one ive seen so far imo.

jacobxstanley 12-13-2010 08:46 AM

i loved it! i was so excited to see it. my favorite part was probably when foust was driving down the road and hes all "if you want to just turn of the road, you do this" and he just flew off the side of the road into the desert. sooooo ( . Y . )

01_ranger_4x4 12-13-2010 10:05 AM

i hate top gear america but i watched it last night just to see the raptor and man is that truck bad ass and he sure beat the piss out of it. it sounded frickin mean as hell too, my wife said to me "can you make your F-150 sound like that?" lol i said sure, but it isnt going to be cheap! lol

TurdFX4 12-13-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 (Post 266744)
i hate top gear america but i watched it last night just to see the raptor and man is that truck bad ass and he sure beat the piss out of it. it sounded frickin mean as hell too, my wife said to me "can you make your F-150 sound like that?" lol i said sure, but it isnt going to be cheap! lol

Im still on the fence about the show too. Its good, but its not as funny as the BBC version. I loved last weeks episode when they were hammering that old caddy

After watching the show last night, I came to the conclusion: I need me a raptor

01_ranger_4x4 12-13-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurdFX4 (Post 266755)
Im still on the fence about the show too. Its good, but its not as funny as the BBC version. I loved last weeks episode when they were hammering that old caddy

After watching the show last night, I came to the conclusion: I need me a raptor

i just think they are trying too hard to be like the original and none of the hosts are even a little funny.

99offroadrngr 12-13-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 (Post 266756)
i just think they are trying too hard to be like the original and none of the hosts are even a little funny.

yeah thats what makes it worse because you can tell they're trying to be funny when neither of them are. I like that switch he flipped in the city to make it way louder too haha. I'd definitely have that switch flipped on at all times

Mikerider 12-13-2010 11:52 AM

I actually really like the new top gear, I think they have done a great job. its nice to have a pro driver in the mix as well.

Tom 12-13-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 (Post 266756)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr (Post 266766)
yeah thats what makes it worse because you can tell they're trying to be funny when neither of them are. I like that switch he flipped in the city to make it way louder too haha. I'd definitely have that switch flipped on at all times

x2. The delivery of the jokes are horrible, it comes across as them just reading their lines as opposed to the BBC where they at least appear to be having a fun time.