Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Exterior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/)
-   -   "HID Question" If you folks don't Mined (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/21500-hid-question-folks-dont-mined.html)

4evermodding 11-30-2010 06:47 PM

"HID Question" If you folks don't Mined

1 Attachment(s)
I have always dealt with DDM, as I have equipt my BMW/MERCEDES with their HID kits, They have never felled me and work wonderfully, My question is that I have never dealt with putting them in a truck; yet alone a ford Ranger. Please tell me if I'm correct. would I buy the

DDM HID Kit, 35W, H10, 5000K or maybe 4,500k for a yellow fog
$35.00 x 1

DDM HID Kit, 35W, 9007 High / Low, 5000K
$50.00 x 1

beef08 11-30-2010 06:59 PM

Re: "HID Question" If you folks don't Mined

doesnt really matter the temp but the 5000k/5000k sounds awesome. but the bulb size for the fogs are 9145 which can be referenced to the H10 so you got it. your set!

05RangerEdge 11-30-2010 07:00 PM

If you want yellow you will need to stay closer to 4000k.
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/y...olor-guide.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/y...-projector.jpg

----------

I have the 6000k all around set up on mine and I have thought about switching them out for a 5000k all around

* just looked i guess they don't make a 4000k so you were right with the 4500k, my bad. I think 3k is prob to yellow. I say go with the 5000k for both!

ben10 11-30-2010 07:05 PM

i have the 5k, they are amazing, and yeah dont get the 55w, they could end up melting your headlight housings.

and my buddy got the 8k for his headlights, and the 12k for his fogs, the 8k are just a tad bit dimmer, not blue at all, his 12k fogs arent that blue, as compared to other blue lights i have seen out there.

edgeman4.0 11-30-2010 07:09 PM

h10 AND 9005 work for the fogs.. but i think they're the same price anyway so who cares. looks like you're good to go.

05RangerEdge 11-30-2010 07:09 PM

12000k?! I would never lol. They prob look purple! 12000k setup is prob not bright at all, you would be better off running the stock bulbs IMO. He obviously was going more for the look and not the visibility.

ben10 11-30-2010 07:12 PM

yeah they werent as bright as my 5k hi/lo combo for sure, but that image a few posts up shows them as like PURPLE! they were barely blue, and the 8k was just a bit dimmer than mine. i think ddm doesnt have an accurate color range.

Tom 11-30-2010 07:30 PM

4500K is white. If you want yellow you'll need to dip into the 3000s

Devil1 11-30-2010 07:39 PM

Do it correctly with projectors though. Wether it be a retrofit or buying a projector headlight. Otherwise you spit blinding light everywhere which is good for you but not oncoming drivers.

beef08 11-30-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil1 (Post 255818)
Do it correctly with projectors though. Wether it be a retrofit or buying a projector headlight. Otherwise you spit blinding light everywhere which is good for you but not oncoming drivers.

true but i had my mom drive my truck and i was driving her car for some reason and they had hardly ne glare..just gotta aim them right

Devil1 11-30-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beef08 (Post 255826)
true but i had my mom drive my truck and i was driving her car for some reason and they had hardly ne glare..just gotta aim them right

It's still not safe nor correct. There is a reason all cars with factory HID headlamps have projector headlights.

beef08 11-30-2010 08:05 PM

not if you look at the prius, some infinitis, escalades,the honda minivans...ive noticed all of those can come with em stock and put out the same color as my 5000k hids..dont mean to argue just stating what i have observed

4evermodding 11-30-2010 08:06 PM

I will have to agree here as my european cars have projectors, I have to keep it clean and legit, I see so many vehicles with HIDs and no stock projectors and the light is very intrusive and annoying, of course I have seen some vehicles that come with hid without projectors, or maybe I'm seeing things, IDK.

However I did buy some projector headlights from a online source and I will be adding the hid to them, I wont do a retrofit as I don't feel it's necessary, Just a plug and play sort of thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil1 (Post 255852)
It's still not safe nor correct. There is a reason all cars with factory HID headlamps have projector headlights.

beef08 11-30-2010 08:08 PM

Bru did you buy the single piece projectors for the rangers? cuz they give out a wierd cut off heres the how to for them http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exter...01-2010-a.html

Devil1 11-30-2010 08:09 PM

Make sure that it's not light just a bulb. They may not be True HID.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4evermodding (Post 255860)
I will have to agree here as my european cars have projectors, I have to keep it clean and legit, I see so many vehicles with HIDs and no stock projectors and the light is very intrusive and annoying, of course I have seen some vehicles that come with hid without projectors, or maybe I'm seeing things, IDK.

However I did buy some projector headlights from a online source and I will be adding the hid to them, I wont do a retrofit as I don't feel it's necessary, Just a plug and play sort of thing.

That's the way I would do it as well.