Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   what should i do next? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/21260-what-should-i-do-next.html)

mazdab2300 11-26-2010 04:17 PM

what should i do next?

i am looking for another couple of cheap easy mods to make my truck look good. ive done the throttle cable mod. ive got american racing rims with 31 10.5 15 tires. i am going to buy a leveling kit in the near future. like i said i am just looking for ideas on mods for the outside or inside of my truck. i will post pics if asked.

mazdab2300 11-26-2010 04:41 PM

Re: what should i do next?

bump

ben10 11-26-2010 05:00 PM

tons of options man, what do you wanna do with the truck?

mazdab2300 11-26-2010 05:02 PM

i want to make it look like it is used for offroading but i want it to look really cool to. i know i could lift it but i am already doing that.

ben10 11-26-2010 05:09 PM

start building bumpers and sliders and change all the fluid in the truck, when you pull the rear diff cover paint it.

read up on long travel ttb suspension, there is a ton of it on here and on therangerstation.com

build a cage, get recovery gear for it, even the big gnarly trucks get stuck and break, so get a high lift jack and a tow strap, build tow points for it, or even get a winch. also look into lighting, its a must.

there is tons of stuff, make sure she runs tits, no one likes to be stranded in the woods wheelin.

mazdab2300 11-26-2010 05:14 PM

lol i would do alot of the building things but i have no supplies or tools and knowledge. i have already changed the fluids in the truck. and i have coil springs not torsion bars. what kind of lighting would be cool on an offroading street truck. its my dd

OscarMike 11-26-2010 05:17 PM

You don't need to bump a post half an hour after you post the original one... A couple days of no response, sure, but not half an hour...

Grille guard, off road lights, bull bar, tonneau, visor, etc etc. And if you don't got any tools, GET SOME!

ben10 11-26-2010 05:18 PM

hahaha i know you have coils, you have twin I beam suspernsion, look up the tech on it, i have seen insane amounts of travel with them.

as far as lighting if you build a roll bar put them up there or buy a bumper from someone like james duff and put them on the bumper, rock lights (lights in each fender well) look sick and really throw people off. oh hell put a cop light on.

mazdab2300 11-26-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OscarMike (Post 252495)
You don't need to bump a post half an hour after you post the original one... A couple days of no response, sure, but not half an hour...

give me a break. really just leave me alone. it doesnt really matter if i post it once a day or once a minute. it should bother you. i am just looking for suggestions.

on another note thank you for the suggestions

OscarMike 11-26-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben10 (Post 252496)
oh hell put a cop light on.

Don't. It is highly illegal. If you do, i hope you get your ass put in jail.

mazdab2300 11-26-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben10 (Post 252496)
hahaha i know you have coils, you have twin I beam suspernsion, look up the tech on it, i have seen insane amounts of travel with them.

as far as lighting if you build a roll bar put them up there or buy a bumper from someone like james duff and put them on the bumper, rock lights (lights in each fender well) look sick and really throw people off. oh hell put a cop light on.

lol i didnt realize you were talking about i beam suspension. the problem with long travel suspensions is it is so expensive. i want to get a bull bar for the front and put hellas on it but i cant ever find one around me for less than 100 dollars. and what are rock lights do you have an example.

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by OscarMike (Post 252499)
Don't. It is highly illegal. If you do, i hope you get your ass put in jail.

im not gonna put cop lights on it lol im not stupid.

ben10 11-26-2010 05:29 PM

not that kind of cop light, i mean the one that goes on the corner of your windshield, the moveable spot light.

rock lights are lights you put under your truck usually in or near the fenderwells that point down on the ground near your tires so you can see the shit your running over at night.

mazdab2300 11-26-2010 05:32 PM

how much do rock lights run and how did he get them to do all the cool stuff

ben10 11-26-2010 05:48 PM

what cool stuff are you talking about?

the lights, well it just depends on how much the lights are, you can buy pretty much any universal spot light.

some things to put into consideration tho:
1. they will be getting mud, rocks, debris, or anything else on the road thrown at them, so making a cover out of thick plexy or something would be smart.

2. for the same reason as that, i wouldnt worry about getting high end ones just incase a rock mashes one.

3. they will be pointing at stuff within a few feet of them so no reason to get suuuuper bright ones, more importantly would be a wide angle style that will shine in a wide area.

----------

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/class...4x4-parts.html

buy some of his stuff!

DHEM 11-26-2010 06:15 PM

you could paint the front to match the rest of your truck or atleast paint some of it to match.