Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Interior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/)
-   -   Small lake in passengerside floorboard (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/21193-lake-passengerside-floorboard.html)

jonboy1799 11-25-2010 11:12 AM

Small lake in passengerside floorboard

Hey y'all. I have an '08 Sport Super Cab. I noticed this morning that I had a small lake in the passenger side floorboard. it has been raining a lot but the windows and door were closed. Anyone have this problem before? I have noticed before a small amount of water there before but never thought much of it till this morning.

tmbrockett 11-25-2010 11:24 AM

Re: Small lake in passengerside floorboard

i have that same problem. one of these day im going to pulll the seats out and pull up the carpet and find the leak.

Pbav8tor 11-25-2010 11:37 AM

Back window seal leaking. Been there, done that.

Clinton 11-25-2010 11:47 AM

I have a similar problem but it looks like its dripping from under the dash. I have rubber floor mats and it only accumulates there

Rangerman88 11-25-2010 12:55 PM

I have the same problem with my Passenger side... I heard something about heater coil or core... I don't know what it is

Clinton 11-25-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerman88 (Post 251930)
I have the same problem with my Passenger side... I heard something about heater coil or core... I don't know what it is

Me either! I need some Splainin!!!

sheltonfilms 11-25-2010 05:15 PM

Does it look like antifreeze? If so its your heater core. And you would have to pull your dash to replace this......not hard just time consuming, takes a good Saturday to complete.

Heater core is the radiator like component of your HVAC system that coolant flows through and heat is exchanged when the blower of your HVAC blows air over it. It pretty much heats the air entering your cabin.

96B2300 11-25-2010 05:53 PM

^^^ He's right, it's your core and on mine it's a beast to get out.

sheltonfilms 11-25-2010 06:14 PM

Yeah 1994 was like the last year of the 20 minute replacements of the heater core. I made some money replacing heater cores in Rangers and Explorers. I only charged around 100 dollars for the replacing for Rangers, I charge around 125 for Explorers just because of removing the console. I've got it down to under 3 hours, unless there is something crazy in the way. The best learning tool for doing this was pulling dashes at the local pull a part junkyard. Its not so bad when you break something there, though I try not too. Plus it isn't like you have to keep up with the bolts and put it back together.

Clinton 11-25-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheltonfilms (Post 251997)
Does it look like antifreeze? If so its your heater core. And you would have to pull your dash to replace this......not hard just time consuming, takes a good Saturday to complete.

Heater core is the radiator like component of your HVAC system that coolant flows through and heat is exchanged when the blower of your HVAC blows air over it. It pretty much heats the air entering your cabin.

Nope it only did it once after a heavy rainstorm. I could see it drip from the dash but it dripped twice and that was it

sheltonfilms 11-25-2010 06:25 PM

Has it ever dripped when you have washed it?

Clinton 11-25-2010 06:33 PM

nope not once

sheltonfilms 11-25-2010 06:40 PM

Probably just some kinda condensation issue. If its not antifreeze and it doesn't leak when sprayed all over with a water hose, the issue doesn't sound so bad. If it keeps happening I would look into it further but just one time I don't think constitutes a big problem.

Clinton 11-25-2010 06:42 PM

I am kinda thinking one of my kids didnt close the door all the way. It was weird, on the rubber floor mat but no where else

drppdyllwrngr 11-25-2010 07:22 PM

could be leaking at the bottom corner of the windshield, from the cowl area, or the backglass/3rd brake light. all very common problems areas on a ranger. if it's the heater core, it'll smell sweet and normally fog up the windows pretty bad with the defrost on.