Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Cleaning and Detailing (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/)
-   -   VIN plate reproduction (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/cleaning-and-detailing/20808-vin-plate-reproduction.html)

mfernandes 11-18-2010 04:42 AM

VIN plate reproduction

New thread with new image hosting service

Hi pals, I want to share with you a nice work Ive done.

This is absolutely free, I wont charge anybody so, If you want it, just send me a PM with your truck information!

As my truck had the VIN sticker plate missing, I decided to reproduce it. I have a original ford ranger VIN sticker, scanned and reproduce it in CorelDraw, changing absolutely all the data printed in it.

It features:

a- 100% original size (76x66mm)
b- Same font as original
c- absolutely all information (tires, rims, trims colour etc)
d- VIN number, with MATCHING BARCODE (this means the barcode are not just lines, it perfectly matches your VIN number, which can be read by any barcode scanner)
e- grey ford logo in background (its not a imported picture, its a vectorial logo)
f- US road info (as mine is a exported vehicle, only shows "*")
g: it also shows the part number at the bottom, ALL DETAIL IS INCLUDED!
h: vehicle data in bold letters

Its 100% made with vectors, which means there will be no quality flaws, 100% quality when printing is guaranteed!

Snapshoots, low-quality JPGs:

http://i.imgur.com/M3n4M.jpg?6161

http://i.imgur.com/uVOM8.jpg?8130

The only thing you should do if interested, send me your vehicle information, i will reproduce this for you.

I think is a nice detail to bring back your vehicles original look!

This is not a sale, IM NOT SELLING THIS, just sharing with the forum members!

Dug 08-09-2012 11:51 AM

Re: VIN plate reproduction

I'm so glad you can do this . My truck is missing all of the stock stickers everywhere. The vin# 1ftzr15xxxpa71913. Thanks a whole lot.

tpelle 08-16-2012 09:45 AM

Is this even legal in the U.S.? (I see the OP is from South America, so it may be legal where is is.)

mfernandes 08-16-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpelle (Post 986650)
Is this even legal in the U.S.? (I see the OP is from South America, so it may be legal where is is.)

Why not? Its just a sticker with the original number. Plus, if the cops (for example) have to check the "real" number, you have the windshield plate

vaquero 09-14-2012 06:24 PM

so how many have you sent out, any feedback on this from other members

Jexxvexx 09-14-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaquero (Post 1022039)
so how many have you sent out, any feedback on this from other members

I got one from him it takes a bit and I had to stay on him a bit but I love it alot a little lamination paper from hobby lobby and your set.

mfernandes 09-14-2012 07:29 PM

Yeap I know guys, very sorry for the delay, a new proyecy came accross and im full time!

Ill try to be more responsable ;)

Jexxvexx 09-14-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfernandes (Post 1022141)
Yeap I know guys, very sorry for the delay, a new proyecy came accross and im full time!

Ill try to be more responsable ;)

Your fine on my part bro I love the Vin sticker it couldn't get any better.. Thx a bunch. Rock on:thrasher:
Check my signature bro rep for life.

mfernandes 09-14-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jexxvexx (Post 1022150)
Your fine on my part bro I love the Vin sticker it couldn't get any better.. Thx a bunch. Rock on:thrasher:
Check my signature bro rep for life.

haha, anytime bro! But yes, it took too much time, Ive been really really bussy, 48 hrs a day! My bad!

Take a pic of your sticker man, and thanks for the signature!!!!!!

Jexxvexx 09-14-2012 07:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics it worked out perfect

Logan03CO 09-14-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpelle (Post 986650)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfernandes (Post 986687)
Why not? Its just a sticker with the original number. Plus, if the cops (for example) have to check the "real" number, you have the windshield plate

Well the title of this thread threw me off at first as well. It probably could have said vin sticker reproduction instead of vin plate reproduction.

I don't see any harm in reproducing the sticker at all..but the plate would/could be a different story.

djfllmn 09-15-2012 04:02 AM

you can replace the door tag...but 9 times out of 10 you have to go through the DOT one way or another...i remember when i was at the body shop we had a brand new volvo that needed a new center post put in...needed a new door tag...had to go through the DOT and volvo dealer

Jexxvexx 09-15-2012 07:37 AM

I called Ford over my door sticker they told me they couldnt replace it and the only thing i could get would be from the DMV that would just state my vin and a few other little details, But i wanted the whole blame sticker, and im happy with what i got.:D

mfernandes 09-15-2012 09:12 AM

Yes, VIN sticker reproduction sounds better.

Anytime Jexxvexx, looks nice in the door!!!

Doublel 02-07-2013 06:31 PM

Love it mine is missing and I am waiting on a build sheet from Ford. Can you do one for me when I get it?