Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Exterior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/)
-   -   fender dents. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exterior-tech/20769-fender-dents.html)

mazdab2300 11-17-2010 03:40 PM

fender dents.

I need help. my fenders are dented up pretty good with small dents. 2 many to bang all of them out. what i am wandering is if i could use a bat. kinda like they do to roll fenders. if not please give another way.

mazdab2300 11-17-2010 04:14 PM

Re: fender dents.

bump

mazdab2300 11-17-2010 07:37 PM

bump

crowdpleazer 11-18-2010 05:03 AM

id say start looking for new fenders at a junkyard. if that doesnt work then take them off your truck and put them in the grass (works best if the ground is a little wet and soft) and start stomping on the inside to get them close to shape. then use a sledge hammer to get closer and a ball peen hammer to finish. put them back on and bondo the crap out of them. thats how i do most of my body work.

ps how about some pics of them?

drppdyllwrngr 11-18-2010 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowdpleazer (Post 246486)
if that doesnt work then take them off your truck and put them in the grass (works best if the ground is a little wet and soft) and start stomping on the inside to get them close to shape. then use a sledge hammer to get closer and a ball peen hammer to finish. put them back on and bondo the crap out of them. thats how i do most of my body work.

this has got to be some of the worst advise i have heard. the first part (about replacing) is the best option. but by no means would i ever take a body panel, lay it down and stomp on it. you are going to alter the shape so much that it probably won't fit right. sledge hammer and ball peen hammers? seriously? a decent set of body hammers aren't that expensive and get the job done correctly. i won't even get into the body filler. anything more than a dime thickness is way too much. i would love to see some pics of your body work.

mazdab2300 11-18-2010 05:58 PM

hey now lets not fight and call names. i am just wanting some advice it doesnt matter if its good or bad . advice is advice

wahvtec 11-18-2010 06:08 PM

i would have to say junkyard. There are so many rangers in the junkyards wouldnt take long to find a decent set

mazdab2300 11-18-2010 06:46 PM

i have already been to the junk yard. they want way to much. i am just wanting a cheap way to somewhat fix them until i can pay off my friend for the stock ranger 4x fender flares they will cover most of them up.

wahvtec 11-18-2010 07:07 PM

gotcha then friend with body hammers or body tech schools. They often do work like pulling dents etc for cheap they get ya on the painting.

mazdab2300 11-18-2010 07:09 PM

ya. i will see if i can get my uncle to do it. he owns a body shop.

crowdpleazer 11-19-2010 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drppdyllwrngr (Post 246495)
this has got to be some of the worst advise i have heard. the first part (about replacing) is the best option. but by no means would i ever take a body panel, lay it down and stomp on it. you are going to alter the shape so much that it probably won't fit right. sledge hammer and ball peen hammers? seriously? a decent set of body hammers aren't that expensive and get the job done correctly. i won't even get into the body filler. anything more than a dime thickness is way too much. i would love to see some pics of your body work.

i didnt say it was the best way, and i guess i shoulda asked how bad the fenders are. but still it will work if the fenders are in really bad shape and you just wanna get them legal to drive

mazdab2300 12-29-2010 02:45 PM

bump

Clinton 12-29-2010 03:11 PM

Just ebay or junkyard it. Even the aftermarket ones are cheap, You just have to prime it yourself and have a shop paint it. Thats your best option in my opinion, If you stomp or bang it out the dings will be popping out the other way and that will cost more with body work and paint. Check around craiglslist too

mazdab2300 12-29-2010 03:18 PM

ok i will see if i can talk my gpa into getting me some.

----------

the only problem is that i have a mazda. ranger fenders dont fit. not many mazda parts anywhere you can get them cheap