Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/)
-   -   Mazda B3000 (Ranger) clutch problem (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/20766-mazda-b3000-ranger-clutch.html)

Don Smith 11-17-2010 02:40 PM

Mazda B3000 (Ranger) clutch problem

This truck is a 2004 with a manual shift hydrolic clutch. I got it used last year. The owner had the clutch changed out right before I got it. Since ive had it I have had to intermittently bleed the clutch every few weeks and I get some air out. I bleed it from the bleeder sticking through the transmission housing. Now I have to it every other day.
I am not losing any fluid and never had so I assume I'm taking in ait from somewhere. My question is where would be the most likely place where this could happen? Im not familiar with the system and I assume I cant be sucking air on any of the pressure areas or I would also be losing fluid.
I believe the clutch bearing(Slave?) was changed but not the master cylinder.
If I shoot in the dark should I change either the master or slave or is there a test I can do........

Thanks in Advance

Don

Ranger_EDGE 11-17-2010 03:00 PM

Re: Mazda B3000 (Ranger) clutch problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Smith (Post 246007)
This truck is a 2004 with a manual shift hydrolic clutch. I got it used last year. The owner had the clutch changed out right before I got it. Since ive had it I have had to intermittently bleed the clutch every few weeks and I get some air out. I bleed it from the bleeder sticking through the transmission housing. Now I have to it every other day.
I am not losing any fluid and never had so I assume I'm taking in ait from somewhere. My question is where would be the most likely place where this could happen? Im not familiar with the system and I assume I cant be sucking air on any of the pressure areas or I would also be losing fluid.
I believe the clutch bearing(Slave?) was changed but not the master cylinder.
If I shoot in the dark should I change either the master or slave or is there a test I can do........

Thanks in Advance

Don

the master would be a lot cheaper. it was $250.00 for a new master cylinder. Then my slave was $890.00 because you have to drop the transmission to get to it and since it was already dropped i replaced the throw out bearing and a with a new heavy duty clutch, slave cylinder, and new main rear seal. I hope its worth it in the long run lets just see lol and i dont know about if there is any steps involved in seeing if there is a fix to your problem. I'm just giving you price's that i paid for for the 2 replacements.

Don Smith 11-17-2010 04:39 PM

Thanks, I think I'll start with the master it looks like I can pick up one for 70.00 or so. The cost of the parts isn't the problem its just the time. It's hard to believe that either the master or the slave can be causing air to go into the system......was hoping someone in here might be a mechanic I'll try another site.

terryduanemiller 11-17-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Smith (Post 246100)
Thanks, I think I'll start with the master it looks like I can pick up one for 70.00 or so. The cost of the parts isn't the problem its just the time. It's hard to believe that either the master or the slave can be causing air to go into the system......was hoping someone in here might be a mechanic I'll try another site.

ASE certified here, sound like master might be leaking off and by bleeding your just pumping it back up... change it..

Don Smith 11-17-2010 06:50 PM

Thank you Terry I'll do that ......much appreciated

Don