Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Sports (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/)
-   -   Anybody been watching Formula 1? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/sports/20679-watching-formula-1-a.html)

MooDib 11-15-2010 09:19 PM

Anybody been watching Formula 1?

So the NASCAR thread got me wondering if anybody on here watches F1. I just started watching it this season and I'm really not sure why it isn't more popular in the US when I think it's way more exciting than NASCAR.

MooDib 11-20-2010 10:05 PM

Re: Anybody been watching Formula 1?

So nobody watches F1? Really?

2002 2WD Edge 11-20-2010 11:09 PM

I used to. But I'm biased I suppose. I had the pleasure of watching it for years as Michael Schumacher rose to fame,..breaking/setting records as he did so. Unlikely to see that again. I like how in F-1 and most races,..other than NASCAR...the race continues despite rain. Of course with Nascar that would have tremendous chaos and nobody left quickly. Some of Michael Schumachers greatest victories were in heavy rain conditions..he was in a class of his own then. But I knew when he retired (yes he came back but at 43 and the current competition..just didn't work out well) I'd never see such again likely.

MooDib 11-20-2010 11:12 PM

Actually, Schumacker was doing well at the end of this season and supposedly he's getting a better car next year. They are talking about him possibly being a title contention driver again.

2002 2WD Edge 11-21-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooDib (Post 248527)
Actually, Schumacker was doing well at the end of this season and supposedly he's getting a better car next year. They are talking about him possibly being a title contention driver again.

Well I'll try to catch the 1st few races and see how that goes. I did catch the 1st few this past year hoping he would have an amazing comeback, but it soon looked like there was no way he would be in contention.

03crewcabranger 11-21-2010 12:32 PM

I like the new points system which made the Formula 1 more fun. And I too enjoyed Michael Schumacher's golden years, specially when he got to race with Mika Hakkinen. But watching him race and having hardly no opponent was kinda boring. Now you got 5 or 6 possible drivers who have a chance to win, and one or two (or more) surprises.

MooDib 11-21-2010 01:09 PM

Yeah, there were four drivers who could possibly win going into the last race this year.

03crewcabranger 11-21-2010 01:19 PM

That's right. Despite a few years back when last couple of races where just a mere requirement.

I think US lost the interest on F1 after the Indianapolis fiasco. Indianapolis Fiasco.

MooDib 11-21-2010 01:51 PM

I never knew that, but I can see how it would turn a lot of fans off.

03crewcabranger 11-21-2010 02:01 PM

Yeap. Good thing is that Austin, TX will have a race in 2012 and till 2021.

2002 2WD Edge 11-22-2010 08:21 AM

Here is a lot of info of pretty much everything F1 2011 related; (top right there is a tab for 2010 and 2012)

And the official F1 website;

http://www.formula1.com/races/calendar_preview.html

Ranger Sport 11-28-2010 09:29 PM

Used to stay up to watch the races, but then they moved the french show to specialized channels (rds) and cbc's english show was all over the place, not even close to live, so i had results before i could watch. Not fun.

Of course, when i don't work i try to attend montreal's race in june.

Ranger Sport 11-28-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfran71 (Post 254184)
nascar racers only turn left so they can spit their chew out the window.
hahahahahah

I'd watch nascar all the time if it was on tv here.

SPless 11-28-2010 10:50 PM

who says you can only spit your chew out when you're turning left? and now, they are wanting to "diversify" the sport which is bs. when I think nascar I think of the rough cowboy type that built the sport...

MooDib 11-28-2010 10:52 PM

How do you diversify nascar?